    the newer model sufficiently more impressive to justify the extra.

    Thanks,

    Andrew TAT

    That Annoying Twit..., Nov 27, 2003

  2. That Annoying Twit...

    MJ Guest

    In the short time I've had an i9100 I've tried Ilford Galerie, mostly
    smooth and classic pearl but a bit of gloss, and found it to be
    outstanding. The pearl was particularly good with black & white too.
    I haven't tried gloss B&W. I've just bought a huge batch of the stuff
    now.

    MJ

    MJ, Nov 27, 2003

  3. That Annoying Twit...

    UWISH Guest

    Yes MJ,
    I have been using Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss in my S900 and agree with you,
    the prints are absolutely outstanding. I get it at Sams Club at $25 for 100
    sheets.
    Chris

    UWISH, Nov 27, 2003
  4. That Annoying Twit...

    dslr Guest

    Are you using any profiles to get the B&Ws?
    I tend to get a green cast on Classic Gloss, which I haven't yet managed
    to solve successfully.

    dslr, Nov 27, 2003
  5. That Annoying Twit...

    MJ Guest

    I haven't tried the gloss with B&W, only colour, but I can't be
    certain as I've tried about 6 different brands of paper this past
    month. I've done quite a bit on the classic and smooth pearl, settings
    as per the data sheet with the paper, and got good results. No cast at
    all. No special profiles. I used Q Image to layout the pics and
    print.

    MJ

    MJ, Nov 28, 2003
  6. That Annoying Twit...

    dslr Guest

    Thanks, I'll give some Pearl a try. The cast I get is more metamerism
    than a constant cast, but it is a pain when prints go under the lights
    at club comps and look more like green & whites :-(

    dslr, Nov 28, 2003
  7. That Annoying Twit...

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    You need to use the "Classic" Ilford paper; the "Smooth" paper will have
    everything fading to red after a few weeks, if exposed to the sun and/or
    gases. Smooth are only good gramed in glass, or in albums.

    JPS, Nov 28, 2003