    business model, whether or not the naysayers understood it. Yes, there is
    money to be made in software support: there was then, there is now, and
    there probably always will be.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 14, 2010

  2. This is a lesson for all you Windows users who are considering
    Linux. You may be used to going into a computer shop, seeing a
    computer with Windows 7 for $750, and knowing that $750 is what
    it is going to cost you.

    The Burlington Coat Factory affair teaches us that Linux is not
    the same. Like the Burlington Coat Factory, you can end up
    paying more that the cost of the computer with Linux.

    Remember that the Linux consultant (like me) needs his payment
    in addition to the computer shop's payment. That is how it was
    then, that is how it is now, and that us how it probably always
    will be.

    Lawrence D'Oublespeak, Jun 20, 2010