  1. AnOvercomer

    George Kerby Guest

    Glad you're entertained!

    George Kerby, Aug 28, 2003

  2. AnOvercomer

    neil Guest

    They're probably very
    Think about that again with trying to do that on Earth. It would be by THIS stage
    at least that we would know that the other planet had life like ours and would
    start hiding by building underground from what we have now. Impossible.
    Either that, or the government said they were down so that they don't have to show
    the pictures they are getting. If they don't say it is down, then people will
    ask and want to see the pictures.

    Just like when we couldn't see any pictures from the hubble because the lenses were
    wrong and needed to be replaced first. Now all the signals from the Hubble are
    scrambled! Why would you need to scramble the images from the Hubble? Is it a
    spy satellite, or a telescope to view planets and stars? Perhaps it is a spy
    satellite to view planets and stars.

    Remember when they made the press conference a few years ago about the satellite
    around the moon that found evidence of water on the moon? I found it odd that it
    was not a NASA press conference, but one held by the Pentagon and the satellite
    used around the moon was a spy satellite.
    I think the star wars satellites and space stations are more to protect us from
    them.

    Whatever is going on, it won't be able to be hidden from us much longer. I keep
    wondering why all of a sudden the quick rush to get people used to there being
    water on the moon and mars, telling us they found life in Martian rocks, and all
    that they have been trying to get out rather quickly as if they don't have much
    time to try and break the news gently. I feel that the rush is not something
    our governments planned, but if they don't start feeding us what they have been at
    the rate they have, when we find out the big story, it would cause another "war of
    the worlds" panic like we had a few decades ago.

    neil, Aug 29, 2003

  3. AnOvercomer

    George Kerby Guest

    For all of you that don't understand this nynshifting "little professor":
    http://www.aspergers.com/

    George Kerby, Aug 29, 2003
  4. AnOvercomer

    GCW Guest

    In the beginning, there was a solar system, and life evolved on the planet
    we now call Mars. Life was berry, berry good there. It advanced to the point
    of interplanetary space travel, and missions were sent to the planet we now
    call Earth, which also had life, but the most advanced form was the
    dinosaur.

    A colony was soon established, and after a fashion, when primates had
    evolved on Earth, there was monkey business between monkeys and Martians.
    (The Martians, by the way, would be seen as "human" by us today, except for
    the strange antennae they had in the back of their heads (ref: "My Favorite
    Martian, supposedly a TV sitcom that was actually produced by the Federation
    Council to help prepare Earthlings for the coming awareness of the existence
    of Martians). The product of this monkey business was homo sapiens, which
    led, of course, to homophobia, but that's another story.

    Anyway, when the Martians realized that Earthlings would soon be sending
    probes to Mars, they quickly enveloped their planet with a layer (think,
    Photoshop) to hide their civilization from our view. Frankly, they didn't
    want anything to do with us, and knew that sooner of later, the solar
    neighborhood would start to deteriorate.

    For one thing, Martians didn't want Earthlings to have a sub-$500 DSLR,
    which they had developed eons ago.

    Anyway, all of the above is true, and you can prove it with a simple
    "google" search, which was invented by Al Gore.

    GCW

    GCW, Aug 29, 2003

    "Yeah, you give US the planet with all the monsters." -Homer J. Simpson

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Aug 29, 2003
  6. AnOvercomer

    blech Guest

    I'm not sure what the op's intent is/was, but there are some scientists
    who claim the earth is around 10,000 or so years old. Many theories about
    strata and how they were formed over millenia were proven false during the
    eruption of Mount St. Helen's. Layers were formed in weeks that are identical
    to layers that were formed over "millions" of years.

    http://www.nwcreation.net/caps/articles/floodstrata.html

    blech, Aug 29, 2003
  7. AnOvercomer

    blech Guest

    I didn't. I wrote "it's ALL estimates and theory". That means mine, yours,
    everyone's.

    Where is this "hard science"? One day carbon dating says object X is
    2 million years old, and the next a new metheod says it's 10 million
    years old. New discoveries are being made all the time and scientists have
    to "re-write" their theories and throw out the old theories that they
    claimed to be fact.

    blech, Aug 29, 2003
  8. AnOvercomer

    blech Guest

    I'm paid for my lunch hour!

    blech, Aug 29, 2003
  9. AnOvercomer

    blech Guest

    Then head north. As soon as you cross the north pole, you'll be heading
    south. Head east, the is no "east pole", you'll always be heading east.

    Except I haven't preached a single word. You're making assumptions about
    my religion and you haven't a clue. Narrow minded person, you are.

    You DO realize even atheist historians admit Jesus was an actual person?

    blech, Aug 29, 2003
  10. AnOvercomer

    blech Guest

    See, now you're talking about a modern animal. That has nothing to do with
    a flying reptile fossil. Nice spin though.

    Ok, so you say. Where is the proof?
    Again, where is the proof it's older than 6000 years? I'm not saying
    it is or isn't, only you cannot prove it is either way.

    blech, Aug 29, 2003
  11. AnOvercomer

    AnOvercomer Guest

    Where in the Bible does it say the Earth is flat?

    Isa 40:21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told
    you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of
    the earth?
    Isa 40:22 [It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the
    inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the
    heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.

    Cody H.
    =================================

    Group: rec.photo.digital Date: Thu, Aug 28, 2003, 10:40pm (CDT+5) From:
    (Jair X.)

    Are you referring to the book that says the earth is flat and has four
    corners?   The book that talks about unicorns and fire breathing
    dragons?     That would be the Bible, and if it is right about those
    things....

    http://community.webtv.net/AnOvercomer02/Truth

    AnOvercomer, Aug 29, 2003
  12. AnOvercomer

    AnOvercomer Guest

    AnOvercomer, Aug 29, 2003
  13. AnOvercomer

    Bowser Guest

    Yes, scientists do change their "theories" from time to time. That's why
    they call them theories. But when confronted with contradictions contained
    in The Book, creationists will scoff and will not yield one bit. They are
    inflexible, and generally not open to discussing the vagaries and
    inconsistensies in their book, regardless of how vague the actual text may
    be. And the text can be not only vague, but incoherent at times.

    FWIW, the scientists and the religious crowd can peacefully coexist if they
    use just a little thought. Of the four cosmological proofs of the existence
    of God, one, the one I like to cling to, dovetails perfectly with the
    scientists, and explains much of what we see.

    Bowser, Aug 29, 2003
  14. AnOvercomer

    George Kerby Guest

    Agreed. Both depend largely on faith. Those that are inflexable will never
    be able accept others thought/ideas. Only the open-minded will be able to
    accept the unseeable and not demand "proof" of things.

    George Kerby, Aug 29, 2003
  15. AnOvercomer

    daytripper Guest

    [..../]

    Bullcrapometer

    daytripper, Aug 29, 2003
  16. AnOvercomer

    George Kerby Guest

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Need I say more?
    I rest my case...

    George Kerby, Aug 29, 2003
  17. AnOvercomer

    daytripper Guest

    Yes, indeed one can only hope you will cease your feeble attempts to drive
    physics down to the level of a bunch of wine-crazed shepherds...

    daytripper, Aug 29, 2003
  18. Charles Robinson, Aug 29, 2003
  19. AnOvercomer

    blech Guest

    So you're a physicist?

    I wonder what a real physicist would say about this?

    "So, many if not most of the major branches of science were founded by
    Bible-believing Christians. As a physicist I also find it intriguing
    that the five greatest physicists in history--Newton, Faraday,
    Thompson, Maxwell, and Einstein--were each outspoken in their belief
    that the universe was placed here by a Creator. Furthermore, four of
    the five were staunch Christians with firm convictions that the Bible
    is the authoritative Word of God." Henry M. Morris, Ph.D.

    Isaac Newton (1642-1727) invented calculus, discovered the law of
    gravity and the three laws of motion, anticipated the law of energy
    conservation, developed the particle theory of light propagation, and
    invented the reflecting telescope. He firmly believed in Jesus Christ
    as his Savior and the Bible as God's word, and wrote many books on
    these topics.

    Michael Faraday (1791-1867) was one of the greatest physicists of all
    time, developed foundational concepts in electricity and magnetism,
    invented the electrical generator, and made many contributions to the
    field of chemistry. He was active in the various ministries of his
    church, both private and public, and had an abiding faith in the Bible
    and in prayer.

    John Dalton (1766-1844) was the father of atomic theory, which
    revolutionized chemistry. He was an orthodox, Bible-believing
    Christian.

    William Thompson, Lord Kelvin (1824-1907) is considered one of the
    all-time great physicists. He established thermodynamics on a formal
    scientific basis, providing a precise statement of the first and
    second laws of thermodynamics. Lord Kelvin was a strong Christian,
    opposing both Lyellian uniformitarianism and Darwinian evolution. In
    1903, shortly before his death, he made the unequivocal statement
    that, "With regard to the origin of life, science...positively affirms
    creative power.

    Werner Von Braun (1912-1977) was the father of space science. He
    wrote, ."..the vast mysteries of the universe should only confirm our
    belief in the certainty of its Creator. I find it as difficult to
    understand a scientist who does not acknowledge the presence of a
    superior rationality behind the existence of the universe as it is to
    comprehend a theologian who would deny the advances of science."

    I doubt you were taught any of this in college.

    blech, Aug 29, 2003
  20. The Bible states "as far as the East is from the West". You can head east
    We know that, the question is AGAIN.... How did you get all that from the quote you gave????
    You took a phrase from the bible, quoted it here, then made a statement as if somehow the bible
    gives all those conclusions in the statement you shown. You are like a televangelist that makes
    the bible talk about heavy metal music when it mentions nothing of the sort.
    We are not talking about your religion at all, only about how the bible says the earth is flat.
    Remember, Columbus was not around yet at the time man wrote the bible.
    Yes, and that some of those same people believe Santa Claus was an actual person too. I am sure
    that many believe the tooth fairy is real too, so what does that prove? They are real because
    idiots believe them to be real?

    MOST atheists know that jesus is only a fictional character of christian mythology. No one can
    rise from the dead, walk on water, fly into outer space or live forever.

    Sure, some people believe otherwise, so what? That doesn't change facts.

    Cheryl Conice, Aug 29, 2003