    Spam sucks - PLEASE get rid of the spam before emailing me!
    Trusted Computing? Right! http://www.againsttcpa.com/
    WHAT IS THE CBDTPA? http://www.stoppoliceware.org/

    Chuck, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Tracker

    Really? Guest

    So basically , you're admitting that even though you are aware that your
    knowledge is limited , you are not prepared to listen to those with a
    greater knowledge of the subject you are supposedly
    promoting??????????????????
    Bizarre "sales tactic" and , kinda embarrassing for you too Im sorry
    to say.
    And as far as "accomplishing something that no-one else has" goes ,
    Im sorry to piss on your fire , but there are LOTS of hacking / anti-hacking
    books available. Actual paper /published / available at libraries /
    bookshops type books. Perhaps you should stop isolating yourself from
    sources of knowledge that could be useful for you in the long-term , if you
    seriously wish to persue your interests in security issues....Anyway , Im
    sure this will fall on deaf ears so I wont bother posting again regarding
    this. I just felt a need to dilute the sh** a bit.>>>>>>>>>>>listens for the
    distant soun of eyes glazing over
    Bye

    Really?, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Whatever....

    The problem is, that we are hearing it again!

    Shouldn't you be off e-autographing a copy for your fan?

    FromTheRafters, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Tracker

    The Saint Guest

    He finally sobered up.
    Translation: None.

    The Saint, Jul 7, 2003
  5. And a very small bag of a _very_ common variety at that...

    Nick FitzGerald, Jul 7, 2003
  6. Hmmmm -- maybe that's what's keeping ol'Beef so busy????

    Nick FitzGerald, Jul 7, 2003
  7. Tracker

    Webmaster Guest

    It is interesting to parallel how many people have referred to themselves in
    the third person, and been quite hopelessly insane.

    And as aside, does anyone here happen to be on the mailing list of any major
    authors or publishing houses. I wonder how many pus "kick-butt artwork."

    <<<scratching my chin on this one>>>

    in , the incomparable Tracker at
    "snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com scribbled decisively on 7/5/03 2:58 PM:

    Webmaster, Jul 7, 2003
  8. Tracker

    Webmaster Guest

    To anyone who happens to be reading these posts ... it's been my experience
    that most people who are actually security pros have taken the time to
    undergo some sort of certified training. Be aware that anything you read in
    here is usually good advice. But if you have a serious desire to screw
    around with security settings on your machine, make certain you are
    following the advice of a certified security expert.

    Otherwise, it's a bit like trying to take a Porsche apart in your own
    garage, with nowhere near the right tools and only a good guess as to how to
    get it back together. You might just get lucky and get it to run, but for
    how long and how far?

    Do yourself a favor. If you have a major issue, read the posts by the people
    "in the know" on here (Andrew, Bruce, et.al.) and take your advice from
    them. Most of us can help with simple stuff, but if you've got a whopper,
    they'd be the people I would put money on to actually send you in the
    correct direction.

    in , the incomparable Laura
    Fredericks at scribbled decisively on 7/6/03
    11:55 AM:

    Webmaster, Jul 7, 2003

  9. Hey I'm certainly not certified. Certifiable, maybe.

    I've worked as a Computer Technician in a College for
    the past 5 years, and informally for a further 2 years
    before that. Everything I know I've learnt from just
    playing around, experimenting, reading and learning.

    You don't have to have any formal qualifications to
    know stuff.

    Andrew Z Carpenter [Newsgroup Groupie], Jul 7, 2003
  10. Tracker

    Webmaster Guest

    Well, perhaps we should hereby certify you. Raise your right hand and stand
    on your left foot and repeat after me.

    "I (insert namehere), hereby accept the dubious distinction of having put
    together a FAQ and all that goes in it, having put up with loads of
    seemingly stupid questions, only to discover that there are more people with
    the same stupid questions (God love 'em).

    "In so accepting this distinction, I hereby claim the mantle and all the
    goes with it of Certified Newsgroup Groupie."

    Congratulations, Andrew Z Carpenter, CNG.

    You certificate will be lost in the mail shortly.

    in , the incomparable Andrew Z
    Carpenter [Newsgroup Groupie] at scribbled
    decisively on 7/7/03 7:52 AM:

    Webmaster, Jul 7, 2003

  11. What makes you think I have a right hand, or a left foot for
    that matter?

    In this case, you're lucky, because I do.

    Andrew Z Carpenter [Newsgroup Groupie], Jul 7, 2003
  12. Tracker

    Webmaster Guest

    Lucky guess.

    I'm just glad you don't have hooves.

    Webmaster, Jul 7, 2003
  13. Tracker

    Elijah Guest

    stop feeding the troll

    tracker is fake

    there is no book

    just some kids being silly watching you get stirred up

    just don't reply

    stop feeding the troll

    Elijah, Jul 7, 2003