The Best Kept Secrets of The Computer Underground

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Tracker, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. Tracker

    Tracker Guest

    THE BEST KEPT SECRETS OF THE COMPUTER UNDERGROUND:

    Remember, you heard this from me first. Installing a backdoor for
    future and continued access to your computer system is simple once a
    computer system is compromised. Here are the "Malicious Hackers Best
    Kept Secrets"!
    They install a Trojan Horse which disables your anti-virus and firewall
    protection; also, they install a second set of their own hidden firewall
    application(s) to protect their Virtual Private Network(s). The point
    that I am trying to make is this, you can check your system for a
    Backdoor, Trojan Horse, Virus, or Worm until your blue in the face, you
    wouldn’t find any. The hackers own firewall application(s) can be
    installed on your hard drive in a hidden folder and the only way you
    would know it’s there is by going to your Control Panel, Folder Options,
    View, Show All Files and Folders (Windows ME and earlier).
    Windows keeps files and folders hidden by default so you don’t make
    changes to their important files. You need to View all Files and
    Folders on your computer to reveal what malicious hackers have installed
    without your knowledge. This will open your eyes and show you all the
    files and software applications now sitting on your hard drive. If you
    want to learn more about computer security, if you’re a beginner, one
    avenue is to read-up on configuring your mail and browsing
    applications. Google and Yahoo also have Newsgroups and message boards
    pertaining to the aforementioned. If utilizing a Windows platform, do
    some reading on configuring your Windows Internet Options both Internet
    and Local Settings. Also, spend time learning what applications in
    Windows are running and on what port they run on.
    Tracker

    Interested in purchasing my book named "Security Minds versus Malicious
    Minds" visit:
    www.securityminds2003.com
    It will teach you to learn about Windows, the Internet and Hacking

    To view some kick butt artwork, visit:
    http://captiveimagery.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.main

    Tracker, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Tracker

    Tracker Guest

    If you had a life it wouldn't matter.

    Tracker, Jul 5, 2003

  3. Tracker

    Don Kelloway Guest

    re: Remember, you heard this from me first

    None of which you offer is from you first! In fact *EVERYTHING* you
    recommend has been taken from other sources and regurgitated and fed
    through some sort of translator device. Usually the results are
    inaccurate, and/or misleading, and/or make no sense what so ever.
    Sometimes the words of wisdom you offer will actually do harm to the
    system in question! Maybe it's just me, but IMHO this is not helping
    others.

    re: Trojan Horse which disables your anti-virus and firewall protection

    While it is true that there are some viruses (not trojan horses) that are
    capable of deleting core files associated with various anti-virus and
    firewall applications. Very few (if any) Trojan Horse applications are
    designed to disable anti-virus and/or firewall software. In fact none of
    the 'Big Three RCT's' (BO2K, NetBus Pro, or SubSeven) will do this. They
    will however provide the ability to the remote administrator (i.e.
    'hacker') the ability to make the changes themselves, but only after the
    RCT has been installed and is capable of being accessed remotely.

    re: they install a second set of their own hidden firewall application(s)
    to protect their Virtual Private Network(s)

    While it is true that certain applications (AOL, etc) will install and
    make use of a VPN connectoid. As well as the fact that there are a few
    worms designed to transmit the captured data in an encrypted format (not a
    VPN) to a remote system. Very few (if any) hackers install a VPN. Most
    'hacking' is done in the clear to facilitate speed, acquire the
    information desired, clean up and get out. For a hacker to implement a
    VPN would only slow down the process and create unnecessary obstacles.

    re: you can check your system for a Backdoor, Trojan Horse, Virus, or Worm
    until your blue in the face, you wouldn't find any

    If you have the necessary applications, it is very easy to detect all of
    the above. Even if you do not have the applications, but have the
    experience. It is still possible to detect all of the above.

    re: The hackers own firewall application(s) can be installed on your hard
    drive in a hidden folder

    While it is true that a hacker will often make the folder that they've
    installed their app's to hidden as well as implement password protection
    and/or restrict access to their covertly installed applications, this is
    not the same as installing a firewall. In fact very few (if any) hacker's
    would have a need to install a firewall upon a PC that they've already
    compromised. Of course it should also be said that finding hidden folders
    on your hard drive does NOT indicate that the PC has been compromised
    either!

    re: If you want to learn more about computer security, if you're a
    beginner, one avenue is to read-up on configuring your mail and browsing
    applications. Google and Yahoo also have Newsgroups and message boards
    pertaining to the aforementioned.

    For once you actually offer some valuable advice. Though while using the
    'net is a great place to start, often what you may find is information
    (see first paragraph of reply) others like yourself offer.

    Instead I would suggest acquiring a book on the subject of TCP/IP or
    Internet Security. After all it's usually easier to learn something
    correctly the first time as opposed to learning something incorrectly,
    then have everyone in the world attempt to inform you differently, only to
    refute what you're being told. Does this sound familiar?

    --
    Best regards,
    Don Kelloway

    Visit http://www.commodon.com to learn about the "Threats to Your Security
    on the Internet".

    Don Kelloway, Jul 6, 2003
  4. THE BEST KEPT SECRETS OF THE COMPUTER UNDERGROUND:

    --

    (Quote from one who found just the right words)

    USENET POST WARNING
    ====================
    The User by the name "Tracker" aka "Debbie", VPNSISHACKERSSECRET, aka
    "snailmail" regularly posts incorrect, misleading and damaging information,
    to rely on the advice of this person could result in irreparable damage to
    your system. It is mypersonal advice not to listen to anything that this
    person posts andcertainly to not attempt or believe anything this person
    advises. The following link provides additional information

    http://www.sand-n-sea.us/debbiesdrival.htm

    See also (for her book):

    http://www.securitymindless2003.com

    (End Quote)

    Regards

    Tocis ()

    Thore Schmechtig, Jul 6, 2003

    --
    Laura Fredericks
    PGP key ID - DH/DSS 2048/1024: 0xC753039A

    http://www.geocities.com/queenofcyberspace/heathers.mp3

    Remove CLOTHES to reply.

    Laura Fredericks, Jul 6, 2003
  7. Tracker

    Malev Guest

    <snip - shit>

    Bollocks

    Malev, Jul 6, 2003
  8. Tracker

    Gunilla Guest

    I don't know what's happen between you two, Laura and Tracker, but I just
    have to say that attack someone personally is not in any way a mature
    behavior, or at least, it is very immature!

    Gunilla.

    Gunilla, Jul 6, 2003
  9. Tracker

    Jim Watt Guest

    a) Laura is a sensible person with a brain and clue.

    b) debbie aka tracker is not.

    My money is on the seaweed too.

    Jim Watt, Jul 6, 2003
  10. Tracker

    Frode Guest

    Frode, Jul 6, 2003
  11. Tracker

    Frode Guest

    Frode, Jul 6, 2003
  12. Tracker

    optikl Guest

    See Laura, VooDoo works!

    optikl, Jul 6, 2003
  13. Tracker

    Robert Moir Guest

    For cases like that I think you are allowed to use 6 inch nails.

    Robert Moir, Jul 6, 2003
  14. Tracker

    Don Kelloway Guest

    re: hasn't had the time to be online

    If you can find the time to be online and repeatedly post this nonsense.
    Then you should be able to find the time to correct your mistakes before
    reposting it a third time.

    re: "no one" will tell us less

    To possess such an attitude clearly indicates your unwillingness to learn.
    Whether it's something that calls into question your beliefs or whether
    it's something you have no knowledge about. On more than one occasion I
    have offered you helpful insight and advice. To date, I don't think
    you've heeded any of it.

    re: "help millions of computer users"

    In what manner do you think you're helping others? Would it be by
    convincing persons with your level of experience (or less) to follow your
    advices and turn their PC's into doorstops? If so, then I would gladly
    concur.

    Laura Fredericks, Jul 6, 2003
  18. Tracker

    neopolaris Guest

    Ya, it's 2003 and she's making a security book for WinMe and earlier... Sad
    really.

    neopolaris, Jul 6, 2003
  19. Tracker

    Chuck Guest

    <spam>
    <title>THE BEST KEPT SECRETS OF THE COMPUTER UNDERGROUND:</title>
    <signature>
    Tracker
    Interested in purchasing my book named "Security Minds versus
    Malicious
    Minds" visit:
    www.securityminds2003.com
    It will teach you to learn about Windows, the Internet and Hacking
    </signature>
    </drivel>
    <advertising>
    To view some kick butt artwork, visit:
    http://captiveimagery.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.main
    <advertising>
    </spam>

    Chuck Croll

    Spam sucks - PLEASE get rid of the spam before emailing me!
    Trusted Computing? Right! http://www.againsttcpa.com/
    WHAT IS THE CBDTPA? http://www.stoppoliceware.org/

    Chuck, Jul 6, 2003
  20. Tracker

    n1pop Guest

    You know, you keep posting this obvious advertisement, which probably
    violates one or more terms or policies somehere, but you have yet to
    answer my questions. Why is that?

    n1pop, Jul 6, 2003