The best browser ever, looms.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by 888$$$$$$$$$$$, Feb 16, 2005.

  1. Philip Callan, Feb 16, 2005

  2. Gloria Goitre, Feb 16, 2005
  3. 888$$$$$$$$$$$

    Eric Shune Guest

    the English person speaks...........

    Eric Shune, Feb 16, 2005
  4. 888$$$$$$$$$$$

    Damian Guest

    /Stalk/

    Damian, Feb 16, 2005
  5. 888$$$$$$$$$$$

    7 Guest

    Your entire investment in windopes up to that will
    have vaporised with release of internet exploder 7.
    Nothing will work - you will need to spend a lot
    of money fixing web servers, plug ins and all the code that
    generates web pages. Can you affort for your investments
    to be diverted in that way?

    Investing spent on windopes is a cost.

    So better to switch now to GNU/Linux all your investment.
    You got PHP, MySQL, Apache to do up all the web sites
    and browsers like Konqueror (which is more advanced than windopes
    and its all GPL'd code) and likes of Mozilla and Firefox to invest in and
    laugh it up when windopes release internet exploder 7 and everything
    keels over for all the companies that invested in that.
    You can sample hundreds of liveCDs now free.

    Anything spent on windopes is a cost.
    Anything spent on GNU/Linux is an investment.

    You can continue to use the source code to maintain, improve
    and innovate and comingle with other projects without having
    to wait for Microshaft to innovate and hand it down to you.
    With source code, you improve functionalit
    and gain 100% interoperability without having
    to create layers and layers of APIs to exchange data and slow
    down applications when you can do it so much more quickly
    directly by working with the code.
    You can use that investment throughout the lifecyle of a product
    and lifecycle of a company without having to be left high and
    dry when M$ discontinues products, break interoperability
    and change parameters all of which incur huge additional
    costs for your business. Can you afford your investments and time
    to be diverted like that when you should be focused
    on business solutions that matter here and now?

    7, Feb 16, 2005
  6. 888$$$$$$$$$$$

    ad Guest

    Oh how I laughed. How many patches have been produced other the years
    for Internet exploder? surely by now most of the security problems
    should be sorted out. Every time MS makes a new patch, another problem
    is found.
    I know firefox have its problems, but nothing like Internet exploder.
    The best browser is already here, we just got to educate web designers
    that not every one uses the non-standard IE and also not everyone uses a
    P.C with Windows.

    I will certainly not be updating to IE7, I like my computer to keep
    working and the last major update from MS I put on my computer (SP2) the
    system fell over. I removed SP2 and all is well again.

    ad, Feb 17, 2005
  7. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Lin=F8nut?=, Feb 17, 2005
  8. 7, <>, the freaky, burnt-out
    estate agent, and vagrant who regulates the workings of the watermeadows,
    raved:

    Denis Furnell, Feb 17, 2005
  9.
    Derick Grimes, Feb 17, 2005
  10. 888$$$$$$$$$$$

    Gough Benge Guest

    Gough Benge, Feb 17, 2005
  11. I think I. I guess I kinda narfed on you and all. What I want to say is, oh,
    jeez, how do I say it. You know, I can be a pain, I know. Is that doing it
    for you?

    Ivan Brinkall, Feb 17, 2005
  12. 888$$$$$$$$$$$

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Aquila Deus, Feb 17, 2005
  13. 888$$$$$$$$$$$

    Shunko Anzai Guest

    It'll all be in there. I heard from reliable source that all the features
    from other browser and much much more will be automatically
    included.

    Shunko Anzai, Feb 17, 2005
  14. 888$$$$$$$$$$$

    Aquila Deus Guest

    will it have hotkey customization and font substitution?

    Aquila Deus, Feb 18, 2005
  15. Gough Benge poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:

    Is there any particular reason why you modify my post so that it looks like
    I'm saying something vulgar and stupid?

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Lin=F8nut?=, Feb 18, 2005
  16. 888$$$$$$$$$$$

    Aquila Deus Guest

    The panzon Linønut screamed:
    Yes!

    Aquila Deus, Feb 18, 2005
  17. 888$$$$$$$$$$$

    kier Guest

    You use linux. No other reason is needed.

    kier, Feb 18, 2005

    ad Guest

    I seen it all now. No wonder the world have gone mad, full of mad
    people and I think this news group have certianly got it fair share of
    prats.

    ad, Feb 18, 2005
  19. Why? Isn't is good enough for you that you're made to look vulger
    and stupid?

    Trevor Broadie, Feb 18, 2005