THE BEATLES CAUSED THE DISINTEGRATION OF MANKIND

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 31, 2007.

  1. I'm sick and tired of hearing things
    From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics
    All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 31, 2007

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Aardvark Guest

    <snip crazy diatribe>

    That's all very well, but do you know how many holes it takes to fill the
    Albert Hall?

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    the other English teams put together :)

    Aardvark, May 31, 2007

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    SoundBytes Guest

    THE BEATLES CAUSED THE DISINTEGRATION OF MANKIND

    HIGH COURT

    What a load of shit you preach, so I won't even try to put you right on
    many/all of your so called facts, just a couple

    1. If there is a God, then let him feed and cloth the children that are
    dying in AGONY with only an empty breast to cling to. The millions who will
    die in Africa because of AIDS in the next few years, the old lady who almost
    crawls to the church near me, to ask god for her husbands cancer to let go
    and give them the last few years of peace together without pain, but to name
    a few.

    2.The Beatles and the 60's/70's rock legends were mainly stoned when they
    wrote their songs, so if your God can't defeat them in battle then we're
    f*&ked and I am afraid it looks like we are f&*ked, because it seems your
    God doesn't care anymore or ever did.

    3. As a musician and sound engineer, there is no one gadget that can make
    you sound good if your not good to start with, it takes a lot of gadgets to
    do that.

    A karaoke machine could never make you sound good, it can lift and drop the
    pitch of the music and maybe a good one has a reverb but that's about all,
    you miss the idea of karaoke, people who CAN sing get to have a go in front
    of people and enjoy themselves, people who can't sing do exactly the same,
    that's what its all about, having fun.

    So please take your religion and shove it up your self righteous backside,
    get a real life and move on.

    Just remember

    LET IT BE

    SoundBytes :)

    SoundBytes, May 31, 2007
  4. wrote in

    So -- *if* "The Walrus" was *not* Paul,
    does 'Helter Skelter' mean anything at all?

    (I still like that song where the guy is asking
    his woman if she'll still blow him when he's 64!)

    Bucky Breeder, May 31, 2007
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    elaich Guest

    Where is that line in the song?

    I googled this thread, and it has been spread all over Usenet by various
    posters. While I agree with most of what it says about the Beatles lack of
    musical talent, it's good for a laugh and little else.

    elaich, May 31, 2007
  6. Bucky Breeder reflected in

    These literary geniuses are more from my parents' era.
    I clued on on your "googled", did some "google'ing"
    myself and discovered that the line is "Will you still
    need me, will you still *feed* me... [emphasis added]"

    Always sounded like "eat me" - to me...

    I grew up listening to them... My most favorite
    may be "Crackerbox Palace" from George Harrison's
    'Thirty Three & 1/3' Album.

    Again, I related that to girls in trailer parks
    [how the trailers look like cracker-boxes, but are
    really all-out tacky decorated - ehhh???] and then
    who have kids while they're teenagers and show up
    on the Jerry Springer show... or that "Who the
    babydaddy" show sometimes featured on The Daily Show.

    Well -- it's *not* like you can *dance* to it.

    (Hmmm... But then again, I always say I can
    Two-Step to *anything*! Especially if the girl
    is good-looking and drunk.)

    Oh well, whatever is one to do? I never had the
    "analysis-paralysis" I guess.

    Bucky Breeder, May 31, 2007
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Pennywise Guest

    Scrimp and save; I always heard strip and save :)

    (bad graphics but good sound track).

    And I grew up with them, you'll never know the awe of listening to Sgt
    Pepper for the first time - all the songs were new.

    4 of us smoked a little, and started listening to Sgt. Pepper, nobody
    said a word till the end, then the only appropriate word was WOW.

    Pennywise, May 31, 2007

  8. wrote in

    Yeah! Pretty progressive stuff from that
    otherwise Motown/C&W era.

    Didn't some of the religion freaks go nuts trying to
    put a demonic spin on that? LOL! My beloved American
    heritage: didn't Tricky Dicky Nixon put the FBI/CIA
    and all that other sleuth on The Beatles, both
    individually and collectively?

    "Give Peace a Chance" = subversive SOB! LOL!

    http://www.newsoftheodd.com/content/view/212/29

    Something funny, there's the story where a lot of
    the less-gifted types got all upset because John
    Lennon quipped that more people had heard of them
    [The Beatles] in their time than had heard of Jesus
    in his time. LOL! Before I'd heard that story, I
    used to glibly quip that I made higher scores on my
    SATs than Jesus did. Some folks would get outraged
    and even correct me, saying "That's only because
    they didn't the have SATs when Jesus was a teenager."

    Do'h! Like how would they know that? They weren't
    even there!

    Bucky Breeder, May 31, 2007
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Pennywise Guest

    It was he was more popular than Jesus.

    That was a biggie, I lived in the Philippines at the time (a very
    Catholic area), radio stations would broadcast a few minutes of
    silence when a Beatles song was to be played. Records were burnt,
    people just plain unhappy about it.
    Jesus didn't need an education, he had burning bushes to help him out.
    :)

    Pennywise, May 31, 2007
  10. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    pjdd Guest

    So everyone born in the sixties, educated in the 60s, married
    in the 60s, etc etc carries the mark of the beast ?

    I'm a Christian, and serious about my faith. But this kind of
    fanatical garbage makes me sick.

    Nobody ever claimed that the Beatles were saints. They gave us
    good music and we loved them for that. If you don't like it,
    that's your privilege.

    Nobody, not the Beatles themselves, claims that they were
    accomplished traditional musicians. They just opened up a whole
    new world of popular music. Picasso was not Michaelangelo.

    pjdd, May 31, 2007
  11. On 31 May 2007 wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Sure glad you cleared that up for me. I've had spent a lot of time wondering
    if maybe they weren't one and the same.

    Yorkshire Pete, May 31, 2007
  12. wrote in

    What about the poor folks who graduated in that era
    on June 6, 1966? Or were born on that date?

    LOL!

    (I wonder if [from his home below] Nero ever curses
    St. John [of Patmos] for not being more specific?
    Nero was reputed historically to be a meglomaniac
    as well as a pyromaniac? So, I bet he just *hates*
    it when someone else gets credited as the AntiChrist.)

    Bucky Breeder, May 31, 2007
  13. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Aardvark Guest

    Yea, well. Did anyone ever see them in the same room at the same time?

    Aardvark, Jun 1, 2007
  14. wrote in

    Hmmm... Not completely :

    If you play AbbA backwards, you get AbbA!

    Talk about the Devil's work...

    "neeuQ gnicnaD" played over and over could
    incite the end of daze - almost for sure.

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 1, 2007
  15. On 31 May 2007 Aardvark wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Question. Where does Mandriva store the screen saver and desktop images.

    Yorkshire Pete, Jun 1, 2007
  16. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Aardvark Guest

    LOL Don't know (don't really care). Something I've never wondered. Try
    posting in alt.os.linux.mandriva . You'll get an answer to your question
    in short order there. :)

    Aardvark, Jun 2, 2007
  17. Back when it was current, July 7, 1977, I heard there were seven races
    at Pimlico (maybe some other track). In the seventh race there was a
    long shot with the number 7. People went nuts betting on that horse. And
    of course, he came in seventh place.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 3, 2007