    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Alasdair Baxter, Mar 22, 2005

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    x@y Guest

    "Alasdair Baxter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've just installed Panda Total Internet Security on one of my
    > computers. It has caused havoc. I cannot uninstall it. My computer
    > has seized up. When I call the Panda support line on their premium
    > rate number, it costs a fortune to be talked through what involves
    > editing the registry.
    >
    > I am not a happy bunny and wonder if anybody else had these problems
    > with Panda.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263
    >
    > "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    > It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Hello Alasdair,

    On the Website below are some info, on how to uninstall Bears.

    http://www.pandasoftware.co.uk/psuk/2303-faq-platinum2004.htm

    I am in the same Boat, not an Expert when comes to Registries.

    What I would doin Your case, first create a Restore Point with
    System Restore, if You have that option" Then use Add/Rem.
    program from Windows,
    then look in my Computer's Folders and clean anything with Panda's
    Name on it, and leave the rest. Or follow the instructions on the
    above Link.
    Hope this Helps.

    LOLuck x@y.

    x@y, Mar 22, 2005

  3. On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:51:43 -0600, "x@y" <>>
    wrote:

    >On the Website below are some info, on how to uninstall Bears.
    >
    >http://www.pandasoftware.co.uk/psuk/2303-faq-platinum2004.htm
    >
    >I am in the same Boat, not an Expert when comes to Registries.
    >
    >What I would doin Your case, first create a Restore Point with
    >System Restore, if You have that option" Then use Add/Rem.
    >program from Windows,
    >then look in my Computer's Folders and clean anything with Panda's
    >Name on it, and leave the rest. Or follow the instructions on the
    >above Link.
    >Hope this Helps.

    Sadly, Panda says that using System Restore is useless and the only
    way out is via the registry editing. I think Panda should be reported
    to the consumer protection authoirities

    Alasdair Baxter, Mar 23, 2005
  4. Alasdair Baxter wrote:

    > On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:51:43 -0600, "x@y" <>>
    > wrote:

    >>On the Website below are some info, on how to uninstall Bears.

    >>http://www.pandasoftware.co.uk/psuk/2303-faq-platinum2004.htm

    >>I am in the same Boat, not an Expert when comes to Registries.

    >>What I would doin Your case, first create a Restore Point with
    >>System Restore, if You have that option" Then use Add/Rem.
    >>program from Windows,
    >>then look in my Computer's Folders and clean anything with Panda's
    >>Name on it, and leave the rest. Or follow the instructions on the
    >>above Link.
    >>Hope this Helps.

    > Sadly, Panda says that using System Restore is useless and the only
    > way out is via the registry editing. I think Panda should be reported
    > to the consumer protection authoirities

    Why?

    Less whinging and more editing of your registry would be the answer,
    here.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 24, 2005
  5. Alasdair Baxter

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Alasdair Baxter wrote:

    >> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:51:43 -0600, "x@y" <>>
    >> wrote:

    >>>On the Website below are some info, on how to uninstall Bears.

    >>>http://www.pandasoftware.co.uk/psuk/2303-faq-platinum2004.htm

    >>>I am in the same Boat, not an Expert when comes to Registries.

    >>>What I would doin Your case, first create a Restore Point with
    >>>System Restore, if You have that option" Then use Add/Rem.
    >>>program from Windows,
    >>>then look in my Computer's Folders and clean anything with Panda's
    >>>Name on it, and leave the rest. Or follow the instructions on the
    >>>above Link.
    >>>Hope this Helps.

    >> Sadly, Panda says that using System Restore is useless and the only
    >> way out is via the registry editing. I think Panda should be reported
    >> to the consumer protection authoirities

    > Why?

    > Less whinging and more editing of your registry would be the answer,
    > here.

    Case study for MS-over-linux "ease of use" argument? Registry -- blech.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com

    DC, Mar 25, 2005