  1. Hi The B-Team (Beta team)!!

    Why make beta's almost impossible to pass?

    Thank you sirs.

    Mr T \(BA Barracus\), Feb 22, 2004

  2. Mr T \(BA Barracus\)

    Guest Guest

    Beta tests are very passable.

    Guest, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Mr T \(BA Barracus\)

    Sgt Galaxy Guest

    Hello!

    Very inpassable you mean?

    The scores for a beta exam is the same as for the regular
    one. This is not fair!
    Why:
    - Beta's have more exam questions
    - Therefore take more time to proceed/and stay focussed
    - The exam material can't be learned/practiced good
    enough, in a short time

    So, if you compare a beta to the regular ones, it is just
    not fair to maintain the same minimum score for both.
    Many people get a near miss when taking a beta. Although
    they pass when they do the regular. Come on!
    Make beta minimum scores about 50 to 100 points lower,
    would be a (more) fair solution.

    Sgt Galaxy, Feb 23, 2004
  4. He *still* doesnt get it does he! ?
    M$ want the exams harder to pass
    M$ dont want regular people taking and passing the beta
    M$ dont want to open up betas to a really representative audience (so
    they dont have to reposnd accordingly)
    ================================
    My Hero:
    (remove vroomfondle to email me)
    ================================

    Marlin Munrow, Feb 23, 2004
  5. Mr T \(BA Barracus\)

    Sgt Galaxy Guest

    Why ask someone for a beta exam if that person will not
    pass, because he will have 50-100 points too less....

    One way traffic it is.

    Sgt Galaxy, Feb 23, 2004
  6. Mr T \(BA Barracus\)

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Well.. At least it's free...

    Lorne Smith, Feb 23, 2004
  7. -----Original Message-----
    You got it!

    And another thing...
    Have you ever tried (if you're not in the golden circle) getting
    invited to a beta exam.

    You should see the way MS treat prospective beta candidates that
    *would* give them representative scores...

    Shame on you, MS

    ================================

    Marlin Munrow, Feb 23, 2004
  8. Mr T \(BA Barracus\)

    Sgt Galaxy Guest

    I am always invited, and just can't seem to pass (needed
    50 or 100 points more).

    Sgt Galaxy, Feb 23, 2004
  9. Mr T \(BA Barracus\)

    Sgt Galaxy Guest

    Well.... at least i wasted another 4 hours per exam...

    Sgt Galaxy, Feb 23, 2004
  10. That *is* demoralising!

    ================================

    Marlin Munrow, Feb 23, 2004
  11. The scores for the beta exams are at the same level as the ones for the
    exams when they release. I think the beta exams are harder for people
    because there is limited material to study and the products the exam covers
    are typically new products. When we send the invitations we are asking
    people that are successfully doing whatever is covered in the exam to
    participate. Our feeling is that if you are performing in the job role the
    exam is targeted at, you should be able to pass the exam. You are exposed to
    more questions and the seat time is longer, but we typically provide enough
    time per question so you don't run out of time.

    We appreciate those of you that do participate in our beta exam process. By
    taking them, you are helping us make more relevant exams that validate
    qualified candidates.

    Thanks!

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Feb 23, 2004
  12. Hi!, can anyone please tell me how to participate in a Beta Exam? On what
    basis does one get invited for a beta exam?

    How and where can we apply to take one?

    Regards,
    Paras

    Paras Wadehra, Feb 23, 2004
  13. You can't be invited to a specific exam, but here is information on how you
    can be added to the pool of people we send invitations to.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/beta.asp. This does not
    assure you get invited to a beta exam, but must be done in order for you to
    receive an invitation.

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Feb 23, 2004
  14. Rhetoric none the less, but still nice to get a personable response to
    the question of why some beta exams are demoralising.
    ..
    I guess that working for the right platinum partner helps you get
    sufficient experience ;o)

    Do you know when exams will be out for ISA 2004 ?

    ================================

    Marlin Munrow, Feb 23, 2004

  15. Same old same old.

    how do I get on the list ?
    You *can* subscribe to some free newsletters for fun

    :LOOP1
    No invite unless you're on the list and subscribe to a news letter.
    If you're not already *on* the list, you'll *never* get *on* the list.
    how then do I get an invite ?
    GOTO LOOP1

    END
    ================================

    Marlin Munrow, Feb 23, 2004
  16. Forgot to add
    BWAAAAHHAAAAHAHAHA!
    [sniff]

    ================================

    Marlin Munrow, Feb 23, 2004
  17. Mr T \(BA Barracus\)

    Sgt Galaxy Guest

    Andy said: "You are exposed to
    more questions and the seat time is longer, but we
    typically provide enough
    time per question so you don't run out of time."

    Enough time per question, sure, but the side effect is
    that it takes more energy to stay focussed the whole ride!
    And you get even MORE questions than at a regular exam...

    This discussion isn't about the fact that the minimum
    scores for regular and beta exams ARE EXACTLY THE SAME,
    it's about WHY?

    Is this subject so hard to understand. I seems so. Andy
    keeps repeating himself: "minimum scores are the same for
    beta and regular exams...". We know all that.

    Why has a beta exam the same minimum score as a regular
    exam?

    The answers can be:
    - Because this will result in a lot of beta testers to
    fail. Lots of us get a near miss (50-100 point too less).
    - It's all about the dollars. A beta tester who passes,
    costs M$ dollars.

    I guess people must be disappointed first in doing beta's
    to know what i am talking about... Then they can start
    complaining too.....

    Sgt Galaxy, Feb 24, 2004
  18. You keep asking "WHY?"
    Why not?
    Why lower the standard?
    There has been no legitimate reason given to lower the standard except
    maybe lack of attention span.

    No ones time has been wasted unless they themselves chose to waste
    their own time.

    It is a Beta, do a little research on what beta means.
    If the terms are not acceptable an individual can choose not to waste
    their own time.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Feb 24, 2004
  19. Mr T \(BA Barracus\)

    Guest Guest