    The class requires any version of Elements, or Photoshop 5.5 or later
    running under Windows 98 or later. There is no need to purchase. You may
    use the Curvemeister demo for the class.

    Mike Russell, Mar 31, 2007

  2. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    What you got against us Mac folk?!?

    LOL!

    George Kerby, Mar 31, 2007

  3. Mike Russell

    Pete D Guest

    Buy a PC!

    Pete D, Mar 31, 2007
  4. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    You couldn't GIVE me another one. Sorry!

    George Kerby, Mar 31, 2007
  5. Mike Russell

    Pete D Guest

    Don't really care but it seems that when someone posts asking a question on
    how to do something on their pC someone usually chimes in with "Buy a Mac"
    so I thought it was my turn. Personally I use PC's and they just work for
    me, sorry that you have had such a bad experience, actually I am not that
    sorry, couldn't give a rats!! ;-)

    Pete D, Mar 31, 2007
  6. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    I have a PC that I keep around to see how my Photoshop work might appear on
    their monitors, etc. (different gamma). That is probably the reason that
    Mike limits it to PCs, I would guess. I was just joking about the "giving me
    one" thing. My wife has one built into her MacBook Pro (Parallels).

    Seriously, I just couldn't try to take a workshop on a eMachines 17" LCD 24
    bit depth, but it would be nice on my Mac G5 21" 32 bit CRT.

    BTW: Is it the Mac 1.8 vs. 1.0 PC default gamma settings, Mark?

    George Kerby, Mar 31, 2007
  7. Mike Russell

    Mike Russell Guest

    Hi George,

    Sorry about that. I wish I did have a Mac version of curvemeister.

    I've owned a Mac for years, developed software on them for about 10 years,
    and still wouldn't be without one.

    Mike Russell, Mar 31, 2007
  8. Mike Russell

    Pete D Guest

    I moved from a Trinitron 21 in CRT, currently using a 22 in widescreen.

    Pete D, Apr 1, 2007
  9. So why no Mac CurveMeister?

    Derek Fountain, Apr 1, 2007
  10. Mike Russell

    Mike Russell Guest

    At the time I started Curvemeister, the Mac was still OS9, with OSX looming
    in the future. I had to pick one platform or the other, and picked Windows.
    Unlike other plugins, the user interface for Curvemeister is loaded with
    special features - for example the in-place preview window - that are not
    portable between Windows and Mac. So, for the time being anyway, there is
    no Mac version. Never say never - this could change.

    Mike Russell, Apr 1, 2007
  11. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    I think you might want to do so. You are missing quite a large pool of
    potential customers. *Most* designers and photographers use Macs.
    My .02
    GK (who was using Photoshop before there was Photoshop-"Digital Darkroom",
    on the Mac...)

    George Kerby, Apr 1, 2007
  12. Yea all 10 of them.

    --
    "My first thought was, he lied in every word,
    That hoary cripple, with malicious eye

    - Browning

    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    evadnikufesin, Apr 1, 2007
  13. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    I'm talking professionals, not someone like yourself...

    George Kerby, Apr 1, 2007
  14. Mike Russell

    Mike Russell Guest

    [re Mac version]
    Point taken - many people, including Dan Margulis who is the godfather of
    Curvemeister, can't use it because there's no Mac version.
    I remember that program - back when the best photo printer I had was a
    LaserWriter.

    Mike Russell, Apr 1, 2007
  15. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    You must have been around as long as me, LOL! I started Googling around and
    came up with this:
    http://photoshopnews.com/2005/12/15/the-history-of-photoshop/
    17+ years: I'm getting pretty "long in tooth".

    George Kerby, Apr 1, 2007
  16. Mike Russell

    Mike Russell Guest

    LOL - I could say I was at Lucasfilm when Knoll was busy stealing libpixar
    code to write Photoshop v10, but I won't.

    Mike Russell, Apr 1, 2007
  17. Mike Russell

    Ken Lucke Guest

    Although I never saw the start of this thread, I don't just "second",
    but "forty-third" <g> the request for Mac accessibility.

    I /could/ use my wife's PeeCee, but I do *all* MY work on the Mac, so
    (although they are close enough) it would still be a slightly different
    look and feel to learn on.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard

    evadnikufesin, Apr 1, 2007
  19. Mike Russell

    George Kerby Guest

    Don't quit your day job. Your attempt at comedy will result in your being
    extremely humiliated.

    Here we have a perfect example of an A.F.I. at it's best.

    evadnikufesin, Apr 2, 2007