    their tongue is out. Superb capture. The eyes are stunning.....very
    sharp. The lighting gives the whole pic a creepy, dramatic feeling,
    which adds to the whole essence.

    Helen, Feb 16, 2008

  3. Annika1980

    Allen Guest

    Allen, Feb 16, 2008
  4. mark.thomas.7, Feb 16, 2008
  5. Annika1980

    stu7seven Guest

    ...and here's my caption for that amazing photo(!)...

    The star captain eased his vessel down onto the planet... it
    was their last hope... they were nearly out of fuel... but surely,
    he had reasoned, a planet capable of building such perfect domes
    would have developed some equally incredible fuel substitute.
    The ship settled into the dust, and a group departed, including the
    captain, his first mate, a translator, and a diplomat... they
    approached
    one of the huge domes, and, finding no entrance, pounded heavilly on
    the plastic like surface. Suddenly, as if in response, the huge black
    ball uncurled... it was alive !! An enormous probascus emerged,
    sensing the alien intruders, enjoyed a quick snack.

    sorry... I couldnt resist :)

    stu7seven, Feb 16, 2008
  6. Annika1980

    Jeff R. Guest

    Holy c#&p! What a great shot!

    How the heck do you sweet-talk those blighters to stand still in just the
    right spot?
    I imagine you flipped him the bird, which prompted the stuck-out tongue in
    reply, but come clean:

    You've superglued his feet to the stage, haven't you!

    Jeff R., Feb 17, 2008
  7. Annika1980

    Jon Pope Guest

    DAMN BRET I THINK YOU CAPTURED RITA'S LIKENESS

    Jon Pope, Feb 17, 2008
  8. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Well, I don't wanna divulge all my super-secret techniques, but for
    this one I used part of a banana.

    Annika1980, Feb 17, 2008
  9. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    That's possible as the shot was actually a lot more under-exposed than
    what you see here. Actually, it was so dark I almost deleted it in
    camera, but I figured I'd see what I could do with it in post.

    Annika1980, Feb 17, 2008
  10. Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, it's a great shot and I'm very
    jealous - I just don't have the patience, skill or equipment for that
    level of macro.

    mark.thomas.7, Feb 17, 2008
  11. Annika1980

    jean Guest

    On her ass for sure ;-) in (Québecois) french an anoying person is dubbed
    "mouche à marde" (loosely translates to "shit fly")

    Jean

    jean, Feb 17, 2008
  12. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    très convenable!
    Helen

    Helen, Feb 17, 2008
  13. Annika1980

    Jon Pope Guest

    LMAO SO MUCH

    Jon Pope, Feb 17, 2008
  14. Annika1980

    Troy Piggins Guest

    * Annika1980 is quoted & my replies are inline below : Nice. At first I thought I would have preferred more lighting on
    it, but since it does look quite bizarre and alien the darker
    treatment does seem to suit it. Not sure if that was intentional
    or not, but comes out all right.

    Troy Piggins, Feb 17, 2008
  15. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    Rita = Shit fly

    I LIKE IT!

    George Kerby, Feb 17, 2008
  16. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    Noons, Feb 18, 2008
  17. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    When did I say that?
    Don't worry, I won't expect a response so let's save some time and
    move on. Otherwise, you'll just keep claiming I said it, I'll keep
    asking for links, and you'll say something like, "Look it up
    yourself."
    We've played this game too many times before.

    Annika1980, Feb 18, 2008
  18. No, you were just thinking of "Helen" that made that claim.
    Only when he starts believing himself.
    Yes, I must say that "Helen" is quite the character. I think you owe Bret
    an apology since his sock machine malfunctioned briefly.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Feb 18, 2008
  19. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    Again you misquote a person. I said I was moving on: "I've endured
    vicious attacks by many of you. But this will cease because frankly
    I've had it.
    It's no wonder that Bret has moved on and I will do the same."

    And I have done this. I have moved on to better things, and there has
    been a decline in my posts.
    Helen

    Helen, Feb 18, 2008
  20. Misquote or not, the idea and the goal is the same whether it came directly
    from Bret or one of his socks.
    OK "Helen" I think you are misrepresenting your original quote because I can
    still see you posting here. I know that you are such a sweet "woman" that
    you wouldn't want us to think you are lying again?

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Feb 18, 2008