THANKYOU AND.......

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JOAN ELLIS, Jun 27, 2006.

  1. JOAN  ELLIS

    JOAN ELLIS Guest

    From: "JOAN ELLIS" <>
    Subject: Re: ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SCANNERS
    Date: 27 June 2006 22:14

    Thankyou all for your replies, and glad you have had a laugh at my expense
    today. The reason I sent a message labelled "outlook express" with nothing
    else, i was trying to change my name without success. I Have listened to
    your replies today, and tried to do what you all said, and still it doesn't
    work... but I will send to another helpline in future, don't worry. People
    don't send queries into this 24 hours thing for no reason.

    JOAN ELLIS, Jun 27, 2006

  2. Oh, you'd be surprised. But reality is that you have to have a thick
    skin to post a question to a newsgroup frequently populated by grouchy
    old techies, young bucks with huge egos, completely clueless newbies and
    trolls who love nothing better than to get under someone's skin.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 27, 2006

  3. JOAN  ELLIS

    old man Guest

    You change your display name in your account
    ie Tools>Accounts>'the account'>propertes>General Tab>name

    old man, Jun 27, 2006
  4. Just like with me, do whatever you want to it. :p

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 28, 2006
  5. JOAN  ELLIS

    Old Gringo Guest

    I would emagin before it is over you will have wish you had changed more
    than your name.
    Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Jun 28, 2006
  6. JOAN  ELLIS

    Top Guest

    It happens that Mara formulated :
    If they are in the street you get 5 points. If they are on the
    sidewalk you get double - 10 points.

    Good hunting!
    Top

    Top, Jun 28, 2006
  7. JOAN  ELLIS

    Whiskers Guest

    One of the 'urban myth' insurance claims that may be true: "The old
    gentleman couldn't seem to make up his mind where to go; I had to swerve
    three times before I hit him."

    Whiskers, Jun 28, 2006
  8. JOAN  ELLIS

    Pennywise Guest

    |>> It happens that Mara formulated :
    |>
    |>snip

    |>> If they are in the street you get 5 points. If they are on the
    |>> sidewalk you get double - 10 points.
    |>>
    |>> Good hunting!
    |>> Top

    |>One of the 'urban myth' insurance claims that may be true: "The old
    |>gentleman couldn't seem to make up his mind where to go; I had to swerve
    |>three times before I hit him."

    If you don't like my driving, stay off the sidewalk..

    Pennywise, Jun 28, 2006
  9. JOAN  ELLIS

    Top Guest

    pretended :
    Sounds so very much driving in Italy. When I first arrived in
    Italy I asked the people that had been auto accidents how it
    happened. They all had one thing in common, they were stopped.
    Sounded simple enough to me, don't stop. Drove there for almost 3
    years and never had a dent in my car. lol

    Top

    Top, Jun 28, 2006
  10. JOAN  ELLIS

    Margolotta Guest

    I spent a year in the Lazio region. I was in a cafe near St Peter's Square
    and got chatting to a Roman who spoke excellent English (well it was a damned
    sight better than my Italian). Having only been there a fortnight, I was
    still becoming accustomed to the speed they drove. I asked him what the point
    was of red lights if no-one paid them any heed. "Ah" he replied, "In England,
    it is the law; in Roma it is, how you say, a /suggestion/."

    Says it all, really.

    Margolotta, Jun 28, 2006
  11. JOAN  ELLIS

    Craig Guest

    Craig, Jun 28, 2006
  12. JOAN  ELLIS

    Top Guest

    Margolotta brought next idea :
    Now you're taking my line. lol I would say they are either a
    suggestion or Christmas lights that someone forgot to take down.
    I'm probably one of the few people to get a ticket for, of all
    things, running a light that had just turned red. I ran the light
    and I paid the ticket. My friends at work had a good one over
    that. lol.

    Top

    Top, Jun 29, 2006
  13. JOAN  ELLIS

    rockwell Guest

    OMG!!! That poor town!
    He must have taken massive pity on you to lower himself and talk to the
    likes of you.
    Go stand in the middle of the German Audubon, then you will know what
    real speed is like when you get hit (and the world over will celebrate
    your demise).

    rockwell, Jun 30, 2006
  14. <rof,l>

    Well, that caused my eyes to stop scanning. Your spell checker needs a
    tuneup.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 30, 2006
  15. Top mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    In my neck of the woods, you're not even safe if you're hanging from a
    lamppost. These crazy red-necked farmers, who've consumed too much of their
    own moonshine, will get ya no matter where you are. The utility pole in
    front of my place has been hit at least 10 times in the last five years
    alone, 5 times in the past year. I sit rihght on a ninety degree turn, and
    had a drunk driver miss the turn and take a shortcut through my driveway
    into the hay field behind me, where he couldn't figure out how to get back
    on the road. Found him passed out behind the wheel in the morning. The
    sherriff carted him off to the local pokey. :)

    The Old Sourdough, Jun 30, 2006
  16. JOAN  ELLIS

    Craig Guest

    She's never been to Italy, let alone spent a year there!
    She lifted that "observation" from a journalist, she pirates
    all her comments, just google it to find it goes back a long
    long way. She is so unoriginal in her virtual fantasy world.
    And I too feel, as it is the sort of thing that will cause her to
    have a spellcheck orgasm, that we all should mis spell German
    motorways, and I would like to add, I have indeed driven on
    the Audiobone's of the tutonic fartlands.
    Now we must all give her some space, as she "suffers" from the
    non-existant illness of ME, yep thats right, the concocted ailment
    of yuppie flu, more usually known as "lazy egomaniacal non-
    achieving, welfare sponging, offensive bullshitting Walter Mitty's".
    Also, spare a thought for her parents, who have performed
    a search on their daughters name, found she posts as
    "margolotta", and are at their wits end over the failure of their
    daughter to be a normal member of the human race.
    Now she will be boiling, her blood pressure rising, and typing
    out another nettkkop complaint to aioe, who upon receipt, will
    sigh, and bin it with the rest of her previous drivel..........

    Craig, Jun 30, 2006
  17. JOAN  ELLIS

    Whiskers Guest

    snip
    snip

    Or doing the same for you, what do we find? 4 articles. That's it folks,
    four articles total, ever. And two of those are to insult someone who
    seems never to have even mentioned you. Most impressive.

    Whiskers, Jun 30, 2006
  18. JOAN  ELLIS

    Craig Guest

    Your rebuke I can take, and I won't get into a dispute with you.
    She knows exactly who I am.
    And you too, if you put your mind to it could work out who I am.
    But your gentle, subdued support for the individual is misplaced,
    but thats your choice.
    You contribute and I have no issues with you.
    But You do know, the situation SJB finds herself in, is of her own
    manufacture. If she dosen't vanish from usenet it continues.....

    Craig, Jul 1, 2006
  19. JOAN  ELLIS

    clot Guest

    Sorry to link on to your post, rockwell, but I'd deleted the original
    OP. I've a vision of an autobahn stuffed full of animals blocking my
    progress! :)

    clot, Jul 1, 2006
  20. JOAN  ELLIS

    Top Guest

    The Old Sourdough formulated the question :
    My driveway comes up to house and goes around behind the house.
    Last night someone drove up the driveway and around behind the
    house. I walked out to the car and the drunk behind the wheel
    asked when the street hadd been blocked. I told him that on the
    other side of the bushes was a deputy sheriff. Didn't take him
    long to go back the way he came. lol

    Top

    Top, Jul 1, 2006