Text Editor (simple) Suggestions Requested, Please

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Might someone please suggest a really simple Text Editor that I can download
    ?
    The operative word here is "simple".

    Here's what I'm trying to do.

    I am using a program that allows one to enter a few hundred radio
    frequencies into the program, and then
    download all of these in the radio's memory. It's a short wave set that can
    remember frequncies in its memory.

    The programs tools for manipulating and arranging the entered frequencies is
    very weak.
    e.g., no real way to find any duplicate frequencies in the list, sort all of
    the entered ones
    in ascending order, etc.

    They say to use a text editor.

    I looked at Crimson Editor, but am having trouble understanding how to
    really use it.

    Any others I should consider that are "simple" ?

    Much thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Robert11

    Parko Guest

    Parko, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Windows supplies a simple word processor called wordpad.
    Start, programs, acessories, wordpad.

    Stop Humpin' My Leg Dawg!!, Aug 30, 2004
  4. Robert11

    xmp Guest

    Do you need a notepad with more features? There is a lot of shareware
    and freeware like that.

    For a small "office" program, there is Abiword.

    michael

    xmp, Aug 31, 2004