    for a home page are Use Current, Default, or Use Blank. I would like
    to set it to load a text document consisting of links to websites.
    Can this be done? If so, how do you go about it?

    Justin Dustin, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Justin Dustin

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Justin Dustin said:
    Create the list as an html doc and load it via active desktop.

    You can export your favourites to html you know.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Justin Dustin

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Or place a shortcut to the html on your desktop

    Ralph Mann, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Justin Dustin

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ralph Mann continued:
    Shame they tend to rearrange themselves as and where they want though -
    very useful all the same.

    slumpy, Oct 18, 2003
  5. Justin Dustin

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Right click on one of the links and choose sort by name.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 18, 2003
  6. Justin Dustin

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 18, 2003
  7. Justin Dustin

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ralph Mann continued:
    Not the faves themselves, the HTML always sorts the various folders as
    it wants :-(

    slumpy, Oct 18, 2003
  8. Justin Dustin

    Stevo Guest

    Have you actually tried the export function? I think not. You can sort the
    list all you like, when you export it gets arranged differently. Just
    another IE quirk.

    Stevo, Oct 18, 2003
  9. Justin Dustin

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Stevo said:
    Excuse me, but I misunderstood the comment for the shortcuts themselves, not the
    html.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 18, 2003
  10. Justin Dustin

    Stevo Guest

    no worries then...

    Stevo, Oct 18, 2003
  11. Justin Dustin

    Miggsee Guest

    I really like this! I created it, dragged it to my Links, and set my home
    page back to my standard one. Thanks!

    Miggsee, Oct 18, 2003
  12. Justin Dustin

    °Mike° Guest

    I like it, too. It's a really neat little script.

    °Mike°, Oct 18, 2003
  13. Justin Dustin

    Miggsee Guest

    Yeah, it is a neat little treat! :)

    Seriously, I like it enough that I will finally clean out my favorites. I
    like the way it lists the URLs for the sites.

    Thanks again, Mike! :)

    Miggsee, Oct 19, 2003
  14. Assuming the text is "myfile.txt" in c:\, first navigate to it with your
    browser by typing in the browser window:

    file:///c:/myfile.txt

    Then, use the above method to Use Current.

    Gary G. Taylor, Oct 19, 2003
  15. Justin Dustin

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.