Testing SSH - Configuring a test router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SuperNetwork, Sep 9, 2013.

  1. SuperNetwork

    SuperNetwork

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello all,

    I was given a project at work to implement SSH on all of our routers and switches. We have branches all over the world so it's approximately 50 or so of both routers and switches. I'm referring to several websites on how to implement SSH (as well as CBT nuggets), but the problem is, I'm having a bit of difficulty putting an IP address on a router. Yes, I'm having trouble with that!

    My test router is an 871. Do I put an IP address on vlan1? I'm also not sure what IP address (or if I can just put a random private IP address) to put on it. My work computer's ip info is:

    IPv4 address: 10.1.250.130
    Subnet: 255.255.252.0
    Gateway: 10.1.248.1

    The above may not be important, since the router's FE0 port is connected to a 48 port switch I have connected to another port in my office.

    Any help is appreciated!

    SuperNetwork, Sep 9, 2013