  1. Sammy Clam Shake

    Consultant Guest

    lol

    Consultant, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Sammy Clam Shake

    pottsnet2 Guest

    Wow, I have the experience, knowledge, some certs and a good job. I
    guess I'm just not smart enough to figure out where I'm loosing.
    That's what happened, Jose. Figar, you have a good point, just don't
    point it at me. Kline, I was planning to go another route for my
    Linux training and certification so I won't be pursuing Linux OS
    ExpeRt (LOSER).

    Because the point of my post was not to "blow my own horn", I thought
    it sufficient to say that "I, and MANY others, have the experience
    (current and from BNC days)". I expected (yes, an optimist) that my
    position would not be ASSUMED to be that of a newbie, trying to cheat
    their way into field, but as one who has been (and still is) there.
    Apparently it's a case of selective comprehension.

    Let me see if I understand the way some folks think this should be
    done. You should pay thousands of dollars to go to classes (not to
    be confused with a BOOT CAMP) where qualified (hopefully) instructors
    will go over a lot of material in a few days, emphasize some key
    points and send you home with your big book to study. I wonder where
    you might see those key points again. It appears to me that the focus
    starts wide and grows narrow in a few areas.

    Contrast that with a learning technique of going from a narrow focus
    to a broad understanding. The questions identify problems with a
    system/subsystem. So you learn how that system is supposed to work,
    from multiple sources. Then, you have an understanding of what could
    go wrong to cause the particular problem from the question. But it
    doesn't have to be THAT question. It could be any question about that
    system because you have learned about the system, not about the
    question. The question is simply a tool to help focus.

    By the time I got my MCSE, I had helped design a few fairly complex
    networks and successfully managed them for a several years. But it is
    very unlikely that this experience would have enabled me to pass
    those first seven exams. There are probably a lot of us who have
    neither the time nor the money to attend those classes to see what
    points are enphasized (no crying towel required or desired). So, we
    have to find another, perhaps better, route.

    Braindumps are simply a tool. Like any tool, they can be used for
    good or bad. I have no doubt that contributing to braindumps is a
    violation of the NDA. However, True to the terms of every NDA for
    which I have clicked "yes", I have never "disclosed, published,
    reproduced, or transmitted" any part of it. How is my practice in
    violation?

    There is another point that I think is worthy of mention. In this line
    of work there are often multiple ways to accomplish the same task,
    the best answer for the exam is not always the best answer for your
    particular network. If your knowledge comes from one source (like an
    MOC), you may not be aware of the other options. I want all of the
    tools in my toolbox

    If I'm going about this the "wrong" way, perhaps someone could show me
    the "right" way.
    ==============

    pottsnet2, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Sammy Clam Shake

    catwalker63 Guest

    Who said anything about MOCs??? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive. If
    you have enough money for a MOC you have enough money to buy a couple of
    computers, some training manuals, etc. and do the studying on your own.
    That way you can learn by getting your hands on the product, taking it
    apart to see what makes it tick.

    As for a broad-to-narrow vs. narrow-to-broad training method, I say do
    whatever gets you there. Personally, I think the more you know about a
    product or concept, the more tools you have to figure out the questions
    and answers, be they real or test versions. I take the broad-to-narrow
    approach because I never know when I'll get the answer to something that
    is already puzzling me. And this way when I get down to answering
    questions they are less likely to confuse me.

    However, using [email protected] is slimy and unethical. You can find plenty of
    questions to help you test your understanding of the material without
    using [email protected] They're vile cheats and you defile yourself just by
    associating with them. If everyone would stop using them, they would die
    a natural death. Don't be an A S S F U C K E R !!!

    NOW SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO STOP THAT INFERNAL TICKING!!!!!!

    --
    Kelley
    aka Catwalker

    "I hate the fact that you people don't salute me!"

    catwalker63, Aug 8, 2004
  4. Sammy Clam Shake

    TechGeekPro Guest

    I'd rather have a Twinkie.

    TechGeekPro, Aug 9, 2004
  5. Braindumps are simply a tool.

    no, you are

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 9, 2004
  6. There is another point that I think is worthy of mention. In this line
    Oh you mean as in the real world, where they is no silver bullet to
    solving all problems. Guess maybe this is why employers want people
    with proven real world experience!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 9, 2004
  7. Kline, I was planning to go another route for my
    your lose.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 9, 2004
  8. nice!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 9, 2004
  9. Sammy Clam Shake

    JaR Guest

    I was waiting for that to show up ;-)

    JaR