    It is good when you first get on line.
    The x spurts here (an ex is an has been and a spurt is a drip under
    pressure) have forgotten that. and there humility.

    Annette Kurten, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Annette Kurten

    Old Gringo Guest

    Sunday, October 17, 2004, 18:53:49 CDT USA
    Very well said. Testing to a specific test site does not prove to
    you that you can connect to the lustrous 24hr helpdesk.

    Old Gringo, Oct 18, 2004

  3. Annette Kurten

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | If you want to test that is ok , you might get flamed, but what the
    ("their") <g>

    Oh - and you may have missed a capital letter at the beginning of a
    sentence. Wait...that isn't a sentence: it's a fragment.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Annette Kurten

    Old Gringo Guest

    Sunday, October 17, 2004, 19:06:54 CDT USA
    I know, retired English Professor at Juarez Technical Institute.

    Old Gringo, Oct 18, 2004
  5. Annette Kurten

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Cool! Then you understand (if no one else does) why I posted that. If a
    person is wanting to correct the errors of another, perhaps more attention
    should be payed to the details <g>!

    Myself, I'm a college dropout. But grammar and writing were fairly easy for
    me to absorb, although I do have my faults in using colloquialisms and
    single word exclamations far too readily. (It was the psychology classes
    that did me in...heh heh...)

    Toolman Tim, Oct 18, 2004
  6. Annette Kurten

    Old Gringo Guest

    Sunday, October 17, 2004, 19:38:15 CDT USA
    I do not have a good command of the English language but I love to
    see when someone does. It all looks and sounds so good.

    Old Gringo, Oct 18, 2004
  7. Annette Kurten

    Toolman Tim Guest

    You seem to do very well. Is English your second language? I never bothered
    with a second language, since I was into classical music and felt that was
    foreign enough.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 18, 2004
  8. Annette Kurten

    Old Gringo Guest

    Sunday, October 17, 2004, 19:47:27 CDT USA
    English is my 1st. Mexican Spanish is my 2nd. and I have mastered
    neither. :)

    Old Gringo, Oct 18, 2004
  9. Annette Kurten

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Ah - honesty! A rare commodity in this age. I too must confess that I
    haven't mastered the language. After all, when I read books by the likes of
    Tolkein, I realize just how excellent the written word can be.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 18, 2004
  10. Annette Kurten

    Old Gringo Guest

    It is amazing how captivating some writers can be. Things I am sure
    they did not learn from someone else.

    Old Gringo, Oct 18, 2004
  11. Annette Kurten

    Toolman Tim Guest

    True - creativity cannot be taught, except perhaps from Life's experiences.
    I think that was one reason I dropped out of school. I was studying
    classical music, but when I got into composition, I had nothing to work
    with. I felt much like the painters that copy the classics...if they had
    creativity to go with their talent, they would be making originals rather
    than forgeries.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 18, 2004
  12. Annette Kurten

    WormWood Guest

    I've been waiting to smell a little culture before I posted this url.
    This is not spam, I just felt the need to share my favorite site on the
    net. 5 mp3s may be downloaded free every day. The site is huge so enjoy!

    <http://www.classicalarchives.com/>

    | >|

    | >| It is amazing how captivating some writers can be. Things I am
    sure
    | >| they did not learn from someone else.
    | >|

    | True - creativity cannot be taught, except perhaps from Life's
    experiences.
    | I think that was one reason I dropped out of school. I was studying
    | classical music, but when I got into composition, I had nothing to
    work
    | with. I felt much like the painters that copy the classics...if they
    had
    | creativity to go with their talent, they would be making originals
    rather
    | than forgeries.

    I've been waiting to smell a little culture before posting this url This

    WormWood, Oct 18, 2004
  13. Annette Kurten

    WormWood Guest

    | >| Sunday, October 17, 2004, 19:06:54 CDT USA
    | >| I know, retired English Professor at Juarez Technical Institute.
    | >|

    | Cool! Then you understand (if no one else does) why I posted that. If
    | person is wanting to correct the errors of another, perhaps more
    attention
    | should be payed to the details <g>!

    Paid

    WormWood, Oct 18, 2004
  14. Annette Kurten

    WormWood Guest

    Institute.
    | >>| >>|

    | > You seem to do very well. Is English your second language? I never
    bothered
    | > with a second language, since I was into classical music and felt
    that was
    | > foreign enough.
    | >

    | Sunday, October 17, 2004, 19:47:27 CDT USA
    | English is my 1st. Mexican Spanish is my 2nd. and I have mastered
    | neither. :)

    Spanglish? <s>

    WormWood, Oct 18, 2004
  15. Annette Kurten

    Old Gringo Guest

    I tol u once I aint gona tol u no more.

    Old Gringo, Oct 18, 2004
  16. Annette Kurten

    Old Gringo Guest

    Monday, October 18, 2004, 02:00:37 CDT USA
    Cool Dude, to say the least, thanks for sharing.

    Old Gringo, Oct 18, 2004
  17. True. Posting to alt.test only proves that alt.test works. :)

    Bruce the Shark, Oct 18, 2004
  18. Annette Kurten

    trout Guest

    It's dumb.
    It shows that one lacks common sense and basic manners, and will often
    get you ignored. (How many of the people that offer soothing noises to
    hurt newbies and rant about 'netcops' are actually people giving useful
    advice?)
    Big deal? No. Most of the small common courtesies that make life
    more pleasant for others aren't. But why be pointedly annoying, and
    worse, encourage others to do the same? Do you believe this makes you a
    'nicer' person? Quite the opposite. It makes you annoying.

    trout, Oct 18, 2004
  19. Annette Kurten

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | I've been waiting to smell a little culture before I posted this url.
    Most excellent! Thanks :)

    Toolman Tim, Oct 19, 2004
  20. Annette Kurten

    Toolman Tim Guest

    ooops - <g> - long day...too much football

    Toolman Tim, Oct 19, 2004