Tesco to offer VOIP service

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Doz, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. Doz

    Doz Guest

    Doz, Jan 19, 2006

  2. Doz

    Doz Guest

    Doz, Jan 19, 2006

  3. "Doz" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:01:03 +0000, Doz wrote:
    >
    >> See the news here: http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2005/dec/1245962.htm
    >> Or on the BBC news website.

    > more: apparently it connects to the PC similar to skype.. 2p per minute
    > was
    > quoted.. pah!

    Looking at the back-end provider (Freshtel) I think it probably will be a
    sip (maybe even IAX!) service - it's just that to sell it to the masses they
    are bundling it with a USB handset so people think it's a proper phone...

    --
    Thomas Sandford

    Thomas Sandford, Jan 19, 2006
  4. Doz <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:01:03 +0000, Doz wrote:

    [...]
    >> See the news here:
    >> http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2005/dec/1245962.htm Or on the BBC
    >> news website.

    > more: apparently it connects to the PC similar to skype.. 2p per
    > minute was quoted.. pah!

    I'll wait until they do a Tesco Value version with a vile blue and
    white handset but costs a third of the price :)

    --
    PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key

    Peter Corlett, Jan 19, 2006
  5. > I'll wait until they do a Tesco Value version with a vile blue and
    > white handset but costs a third of the price :)

    Yeah, happy Christmas 2010... ;-)

    m.

    Martin Lukasik, Jan 19, 2006