    offering.

    From this date your Tesco internet phone account will be closed and the service will not be available. You will no longer be able to
    access your online account or be able to make calls using your Tesco internet phone.

    This does not affect any other services provided by Tesco Telecoms.

    We apologise for any inconvenience and will be happy to assist you with any enquiries you may have.

    The Tesco internet phone team
    _________________________

    Followed by Q&As that do not address the reasons for the closure.

    Graham., Mar 25, 2010

  2. Graham.

    Dom Guest

    writing to let you know that from 27th April 2010, we will no longer be
    providing Tesco internet phone and Talk Wi-fi

    Any one want a Siemens tesco internet phone!!!!

    Can it be unlocked to other voip providers?

    Cheers
    Dom

    Dom, Mar 25, 2010

  3. Graham.

    mkp Guest

    from google searches over the last few years, it tesco have locked the
    siemens phone for their service (but it can be used with other
    voicedot providers...http://www.voicedot.com/alliance/
    partners/.....which aparently freshtel is the only provider to the uk

    apparently if you bought the phone in the last 3 months then they have
    been kind enough to offer a refund, not sure why they are not offering
    a refund to the others that were brought in 2007, 2008 & 2009....a lot
    of locked phones going to waste perhaps ?

    mkp, Mar 25, 2010
  4. Compared to SIPGATE's **FREE** DID. Man, you got any more 'good deals' to
    recommend LOL.....

    reverend Bollsheet, Mar 26, 2010
  5. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    Yeahbut-yeahbut...
    ukddi.com give you blocks of 10 contiguous DDIs and don't currently ask
    for any payment.

    I wonder if people were foolish enough to commit themselves or their
    businesses to Tesco DDIs with stationary and vehicle livery?

    Graham., Mar 26, 2010
  6. Graham.

    Chris Davies Guest

    So don't use Sipgate for outbound calls. (Or, at least, be selective
    about what you push that way.)

    Chris

    Chris Davies, Mar 26, 2010
  7. Graham.

    Owain Guest

    Mmmm.

    "...Tesco Internet Phone supported by the Voicedot whitelabel leading-
    edge billing system and promotional system and continues to be one of
    the fastest-growing and most commercially successful internet phone
    virtual network operators in Europe."

    Owain

    Owain, Mar 26, 2010
  8. Graham.

    Ron Dare Guest

    Freshtel seem to be in financial trouble which looks like the reason
    for the TIP closure.

    http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/336985/freshtel_forecasts_1_25m_loss/

    Does anyone know if it is possible to port out of Tesco?

    Ron Dare, Mar 26, 2010
  9. Graham.

    alexd Guest

    Perhaps they'll google 'keep phone number' and port their number elsewhere?

    alexd, Mar 26, 2010
  10. Graham.

    andy Guest

    That might be a poor assumption this time

    Did you miss an earlier post about Freshtel negotiating to close this?

    quote: "Freshtel has incurred significant losses on its UK activity
    and agreement has now been reached with Tesco in the UK to terminate
    the service agreement under which Freshtel provides services to
    Tesco," the statement reads

    http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/336985/freshtel_forecasts_1_25m_loss/

    andy, Mar 27, 2010
  11. Quite intersting though - I do wonder how they managed to lose money
    over it - unless of-course Tesco was really putting the squeeze on them
    in the way only a behmoth of a supermarket can...

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Mar 27, 2010
  12. Graham.

    Steve Terry Guest

    Heavy use payg users, with triple top up it's a good tariff for heavy user
    who can't get a contract

    Steve Terry

    Steve Terry, Mar 29, 2010
  13. Graham.

    Ivor Jones Guest

    The Lite (comparable with Asda) is good for light users such as myself
    as well.
    Steve your sig separator is broken, it needs a space after the --

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 30, 2010
  14. Graham.

    Dom Guest

    We apologise for any inconvenience and will be happy to assist you with

    Bot had a reply to my e-mail last friday about TESCO's green policy and how
    my Siemens phone is going to end up in landfil

    Dom, Mar 30, 2010
  15. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    You could make an interesting table lamp out of it, or a piece of modern art.

    Graham., Mar 31, 2010
  16. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    I disagree this is the best value. You are paying 2.95 a month for unlimited
    01 02 03 yet calling a UK mobile costs you 10 pence for every min.

    Check out the rates on voipgain.com

    Graham., Mar 31, 2010
  17. Graham.

    Chris Davies Guest

    Have you considered the Betamax clones?
    Chris

    Chris Davies, Mar 31, 2010
  18. Graham.

    Bodincus Guest

    Bodincus, Apr 2, 2010
  19. Graham.

    Welly Guest

    "For a fixed fee from £8.50 a month, Cloud Net users gain unlimited,
    free phone calls to other Cloud Net users, a free IP handset ...Cloud
    Net users just pay for calls, at 0.9p per minute to landlines and 9.0p
    per minute* to mobiles and also benefit from low cost international
    calls. "

    What a bum deal compared with Tescos £2.95/month for unlimited anytime
    UK calls.

    Welly, Apr 3, 2010
  20. Graham.

    Voiptalker Guest

    I had a look at the Localphone website and couldn't find what I was
    looking for.

    Can Tesco numbers be ported to LocalPhone? I have a very good Tesco
    number that I'd like to keep if possible and don't mind paying a
    small(ish) fee to keep it. Or are there any other cheapish options to
    port elswhere? I only need to keep the number and accept calls on that
    number.

    Voiptalker, Apr 3, 2010