    Is Terminal Server included?
    What kind of question did you find?

    Thanks to everybody.

    dino kwang yang, Jun 16, 2008

  2. dino kwang yang

    JohnB Guest

    I took the test last week, and there weren't many questions on TS, maybe one
    or two.
    You need to be able to recognize the error message when connecting to a TS,
    and what would cause it.

    Here's a list I put together of the possible messages (approximate wording
    of the message), along with the corresponding cause. A good thing to study
    for the test.

    1.. User does not have access to the session
    1.. Is not member of Remote Desktop Users group
    2.. The policy of the terminal server does not allow logon
    1.. Must have right to Allow log on through Terminal Services. On
    member servers, local administrators and members of Remote Desktop Users
    have that right. On DC's, only administrators have that right.
    3.. The Interactive Logon Privilege has been disabled.
    1.. On the user's profile, the checkbox for Allow Logon to Terminal
    Server is not selected.
    4.. The Local Policy of the server is not allowing logon.
    1.. Insufficient user logon rights.
    5.. The Client Could Not Connect to the Remote Computer.
    1.. The computer is not configured to accept Remote Desktop connections
    (Remote Desktop is not enabled).
    P.S. there were a LOT of backup questions on the test.

    JohnB, Jun 16, 2008

  3. tnx U so much.
    This is a good help.
    Bye
    Dino KW

    dino kwang yang, Jun 16, 2008
  4. dino kwang yang

    TheITGirl Guest

    You **may** get a question on Terminal Server (ie. as an application server)
    as opposed to Remote Desktop. I honestly can't remember whether I got a
    question on TS in the exam, as my brain empties as soon as I get out of the
    testing centre (I'd make a useless braindumper LOL), but if the book you
    have doesn't include stuff on TS, you may want to consider getting a second
    book. This is always good advice in any case, as no one book covers
    everything you could conceivably be asked in the exam.

    Hope this helps.

    IT Girl MCDST

    TheITGirl, Jun 16, 2008