Teranews - free server inoperable - and general questions on Teranews reliability ??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by no-name, Sep 18, 2004.

  1. no-name

    no-name Guest

    anyone else having big problems with Teranews ?

    tried the Teranews free version and found it to be a better newsgroup system
    than my ISP - with more newsgroups, fewer missed posts, longer retention...

    I decided to switch to the paid subscription version,
    but on the verge of doing that - I find the free version has stopped working

    I'm pretty sure it's Teranews with a problem, and not me:
    the settings in my newsreader apps haven't been changed
    and my ISP's news-server can still be accessed fine

    if I were cynical, I might think that Teranews was deliberately undermining
    their own free service, to push users to upgrade to a paid subscription

    so - anyone else having problems with Teranews -
    whether a free account or a subscription account ?

    (
    and to pre-empt the inevitable comment that
    anyone losing newsgroup access won't be able to see this posting -

    they would if they have access to some other news-server - or Google
    Groups...
    )

    no-name, Sep 18, 2004

  2. My free Teranews account seems to be working just fine.

    Martin R. Howell, Sep 18, 2004

  3. Im useing teranews with out any problems
    thay where haveing problems a few weeks ago with there Free srvers, thay
    have a System status link on there web page there vary good about keeping it
    up to date
    http://www.teranews.com/systemstatus.html

    ~Drew

    free.teranews.com, Sep 18, 2004