    I have not used IE5 since I upgraded to IE6.
    Would it be ok to delete this folder and subfolders?

    Regards

    newman, Nov 1, 2004

  2. newman

    Duane Arnold Guest

    The word *temporary* means just that. If IE5 is not on the machine, then
    you can whack them off of the computer.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Huh ... huh ... he said whack off.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 1, 2004
  4. newman

    Ron Martell Guest

    Check and see where IE6 is actually keeping the temporary files.
    Tools - Internet Options - Settings will show you.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Nov 1, 2004
  5. newman

    Duane Arnold Guest

    In the US and using old street lingo, whack means to eliminate someone or
    something -- take him or it out of the picture. I want you to whack or
    eliminate (kill) that person.

    If I wanted to go the other way with the other meaning, that would be
    *jack-off*! The *jack-off* would be my international meaning. ;-)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 1, 2004
  6. newman

    newman Guest

    IE6 files are in windows
    temporary internet files

    I have deleted the IE5 folder and all seems to be ok

    Regards

    newman, Nov 2, 2004
  7. newman

    Dan Evans Guest

    That folder is actually used by IE 6 as well. However, you can delete it
    ("content.ie5") and get rid of all the old crap, and IE will just recreate
    it, plus the sub folders.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Nov 2, 2004
  8. newman

    Pinchy Guest

    I used to delete them all. It makes explorer much faster. Consider
    the installation of tracks eraser pro 5. It will clear up all this
    mess

    Pinchy, Nov 2, 2004