temperature duron1200

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by kwijlebabulus, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. hello folks

    a friend of mine bought his computer in seperate parts and put them
    together (it must be as cheap as possible)
    oh ja he blew up is celeron 500 mhz

    now:
    maiboard: asus a7m266
    processor: duron 1200
    ram: 256 ddr ram 2100
    and another midi tower 300 watt supply

    used his old harddisk (13 gig!!)
    and his old voodoo2 3dfx card
    OS : win98se (cause xp wouldn't run on that thing

    ==> ever since the pc is shutting down, resetting, showing blue
    screens,....

    he flashed his mainboard
    bought a geforce4 FX 5200 256 ram
    120 gig harddisk
    256 extra ram

    installed xp prof (totaly upgraded)

    it ran for 2 days! and yesterday the pc restarted

    my guess: the processor gets to warm!!!
    playing battlefield1942 or running an autocad rendering the temp rises
    up to 59° or 60° celcius
    and i guess the mainboard resets itself after 60°C

    is this possible???
    how can a duron get that hot?
    his processor isnt overclocked!!!!

    my piii 850 (overclocked) did the same, my mainboard resetted after 53°C
    => so i had to "underclock" (lolol)
    i have a piii 1200 now with the old cooler and he reaches max 45°C!!

    so is this a component problem over just overheating??

    please help

    tia
    kwijlebabulus

    kwijlebabulus, Oct 23, 2003

  2. kwijlebabulus

    Spajky Guest

    he maybe made a mistake not to get a highly OC-able 1,4G new Duron ...

    -- Regards, SPAJKY
    & visit site - http://www.spajky.vze.com
    Celly-III OC-ed,"Tualatin on BX-Slot1-MoBo!"
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

    Spajky, Oct 23, 2003