    That is almost dial up speed.

    I just closed the PC down and watched Tele.

    One annoyed customer.

    RayC, Dec 6, 2011

  2. No point in telling us ... have you told them ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 7, 2011

  3. RayC

    Scooter Guest

    I had no problem at all over the period and I use Telstra Clear.
    Something is skew whiff.

    Scooter, Dec 7, 2011
  4. RayC

    RayC Guest

    "Scooter" wrote in message

    I had no problem at all over the period and I use Telstra Clear.
    Something is skew whiff.I do not believe you, i have other people email me saying the same as i did.

    your employer Telstra Clear by any chance??????

    or you just causing trouble.

    RayC, Dec 9, 2011
  5. RayC

    Scooter Guest

    Well I will reiterate, I had no problem at all overthe entire period.
    No.

    Scooter, Dec 9, 2011
  6. RayC

    Richard Guest

    Cable or ADSL? Remember that cable has massive last mile contention
    which ADSL doesnt have, so if you live on a street of students that were
    hell set on mirroring the internet over the weekend, you are going to
    see huge issues...

    Richard, Dec 9, 2011
  7. RayC

    JohnO Guest

    ADSL doesn't have last mile contention - really?

    JohnO, Dec 11, 2011

  8. But a Slow up Speed...

    Frank Williams, Dec 11, 2011
  9. RayC

    victor Guest

    Yes really, the contention on the last mile is 1:1 on the copper pair
    from DSLAM to customer router.
    The contention ratio is on the back-haul.
    The graphs from Truenet seemed to show that both cable and adsl dropped
    to a speed limited by the upstream links.

    victor, Dec 12, 2011

  10. All cable users in the same street use the same cable, so the bandwidth
    is shared, so more users that are actively connected then the speed is
    slower.

    But cable users get a 2Mbs upload speed double what ADSL users get.

    Frank Williams, Dec 12, 2011
  11. RayC

    Richard Guest

    Only because telecom wont run annex M on ADSL.

    Never mind. Am barely in range of VDSL so I should really get around to
    getting a router and upgrading.

    Richard, Dec 12, 2011