    decided not to charge rental any more (even if I have paid the cost of
    the modem many times over). Did anyone else notice this on their bill
    this month?

    Jerry, Nov 16, 2005

  2. Jerry

    Daniel Guest

    I just talked to a TelstraClear operator and she said that the cable
    modem rental still applies if you're on one of the older cable plans -
    that's what she told me.

    *However*, on the new plans traffic is always charged at
    full/international rate. So, there's no longer any national rate (1/10
    of full rate) - on those plans.

    Daniel, Nov 16, 2005

  3. Jerry

    Don Hills Guest

    Same here. It's either deliberate, or a glitch to do with the introduction
    of the new plans. With their record, I know which one I'm betting on...

    Don Hills, Nov 16, 2005
  4. Jerry

    Daniel Guest

    Heh.

    I just had a look at my bill, and indeed there is no cable modem rental
    on it. I'm still on one of the old plans.

    Hope it stays that way.

    Daniel, Nov 16, 2005
  5. Jerry

    Max Guest

    If it is a genuine error, they can still bill you for it in the future.

    Max, Nov 17, 2005