    Telecom FaxAbility ring decoder system? We can call T/C on Tuesday, but
    would like to know before then.

    Thanks for any info.

    Bok, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Bok

    Roger Ramjet Guest

    Yes. The different ring signal from a faxline number is a universal
    format ie. it's not exclusive to our friends at Telecom.

    Roger Ramjet, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Bok

    Bok Guest

    Thanks for that. However, I understand there can be variations in the
    cadence of the 'distinctive ring'. I noticed from my Google search
    that Telstra in Australia offer a Fax/Phone service called 'Duet' and
    state that not all faxes or [distinctive ring] decoders may be
    compatible. If T/C don't use exactly the same 'distinctive ring' as
    Telecom (hopefully they do), then I need to ensure the decoder can
    handle variations in cadence or whatever else can vary in the ring signal.

    Bok, Jun 6, 2004
  4. Bok

    Roger Ramjet Guest

    The TelstraClear faxline ring signal is the same as Telecom's.

    If every Telecommunications provider had a different faxline ring
    signal the fax machine manufacturers would be faced with a mammoth
    task. Hence, the establishment of a largely universal format.

    I believe there are some signal variations outside of NZ. However, you
    want to know if your fax machine will work with TelstraClear's faxline
    service. The answer is yes.

    Roger Ramjet, Jun 7, 2004