Telstra Clear and other ISPs

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by JohnO, Jun 11, 2012.

  1. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    It pays to stay on top of their packages and make sure you are on the
    right one.

    On the weekend I was fixing up my dear old mum's PC and noticed her
    broadband was very slow. It turns out she was on a fairly old phone
    and internet package of non full rate DSL and a miserly data cap, and
    was paying $105 a month for phone and internet. TelstraClear have a
    package "for new subscribers" of full rate DSL2+, 40Gb/month and land
    line for $75. So I told mum to get on the phone to them and get her
    package switched and if they gave her a hard time about the new
    subscriber clause to let them know she'd be a new subscriber to
    Telecom.

    She's now on the faster/bigger package and saving $30/month.

    I think it's very poor of TelstraClear to not inform/recommend their
    subscribers on obsolete packages about new packages that they would be
    better off with.

    Cheers
    JohnO

    JohnO, Jun 11, 2012

  2. I think it's very poor of TelstraClear to not inform/recommend their
    I just ran TC and got the new package: some three months ago after I
    read about it.

    [email protected], Jun 11, 2012

  3. I got the discount and I am on cable and not a new user, but I had to
    ring to get it plus a 1 year contract, I was told that it meant for new
    users.

    Its billed at a discount on top of my normal $105 bill.

    Frank Williams, Jun 11, 2012