Teleconverter add-ons for Olympus c7x0's?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Phil Leith, Apr 3, 2004.

  1. Phil Leith

    Phil Leith Guest

    Anyone found a telephoto adaptor for an Olympus C7x0 they're happy with? I
    have a C720, and I bought one of those cheapie Japanese "Digital Optics"
    sets. The macro and wide angle work pretty well for my purposes, but I sent
    the telephoto (2.0) back because it would not focus anywhere but right in
    the center.

    I instead bought an Olympus C180 (1.7x)add-on -- which does a good job with
    keeping things focused, but there is some pretty serious vignetting -- I
    expect a little (although of course I'd rather have none) -- but this was
    pretty pronounced.

    For an example look at http://leithp1.home.mchsi.com/goats_sm.jpg

    and on that note, does anyone know of software that can compensate for this
    effect... that is, to turn up the brightness gradually as you get closer to
    the edges?

    I do have Paintshop Pro 7... which might do it. I don't know.

    But mostly I'm interested in seeing if anyone has had better luck with a
    different Teleconverter.

    Thanks

    Phil Leith.

    Phil Leith, Apr 3, 2004