Telecoms faster-cheaper plans.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jedmeister, May 22, 2006.

  1. Jedmeister

    Jedmeister Guest

    2 weeks ago, I phone telecom asking why my speed had not increased from
    2mb to 3.5mb (which was supposed to occur in april).

    The telecom woman checked, and said that I had already been upgraded to
    the new plans. She said to reboot the modem, which didn't work. Then,
    she did a line test and said the line looked ok.

    Then, she told me to test the modem in another port, test without the
    adsl filters. If it is still not fast, then I would need to pay $80
    for a telecom technician to do some work.

    I did all these tests (it took some time hauling the equipment around
    the house), but none of it increased my line speed.

    So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
    csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
    yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
    these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!

    Anyway, the csr i spoke with today, put in a manual order, and , thinks
    i should be on the new speed by tomorrow morning.

    I have a sneaking suspicion, that, if I had not phoned up, I would
    never have been moved to the new high speed plan.

    Damn telecom!!!

    Jedmeister, May 22, 2006

  2. Jedmeister

    shannon Guest

    Its all in the last line here

    shannon, May 22, 2006

  3. Jedmeister

    Seagull Guest

    Did you check what your upload speed will be on the new plan?

    And take a look at:

    You might feel a bit better.

    Seagull, May 22, 2006
  4. Jedmeister

    Jedmeister Guest

    HILARIOUS!!!

    Jedmeister, May 22, 2006
  5. Jedmeister

    GraB Guest

    Very Good. But normally I can save a SWF file and can play it later
    but I can't with this one. There is a 13Kb swf file and a 3,343Kb FLV
    file which I asume is part of it, but neither the browser nor
    SWFOpener will play it.

    GraB, May 22, 2006
  6. Jedmeister

    shannon Guest

    For me It Just Works :)

    shannon, May 22, 2006
  7. Exactly the same thing happened to us. Weeks after it was supposed to
    happen, I contacted their help desk, and they claimed that we had been
    "sidegraded" to a plan with the same speed.

    Despite an earlier email saying we would be upgraded to the new high
    speed plan.

    I'm quite curious to see what we were charged for ...

    Aaron Lawrence, May 22, 2006
  8. Jedmeister

    Jedmeister Guest

    Well, I am on the new plan now (at least it says so in their billing
    system), but my actual speed hasn't increased yet :(

    Ah, maybe if I reset my modem :)

    Jedmeister, May 22, 2006
  9. Jedmeister

    Nik Coughlin Guest