    on the new plan users can opt to either pay for 2c/mb overcap, or
    speedlimiting. I would imagine speedlimiting would be the best option cos
    it doesn't work (at least now).

    Jed Meisterdude, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Jed Meisterdude

    samg Guest

    some leechers are already being capped (30gig+) but not all, which is weird.
    Im really interested in finding out if they plan to hard limit at 10gig or
    not.

    samg, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Jed Meisterdude

    Chris Hope Guest

    They don't at the moment. We won't know if they have a way of limiting it
    until the new plans start. It's pretty nuts if it does though as the speed
    drop will now be considerable from 2MB to 64k - that's a 32x decrease in
    speed.

    Chris Hope, Oct 12, 2004
  4. errr, it was working a few weeks back according to a few posts I read
    somewhere.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 12, 2004
  5. Jed Meisterdude

    Harry Guest

    Why wouldn't it work?
    Just about every ISP in Australia has speed limiting.

    Harry, Oct 12, 2004
  6. Jed Meisterdude

    richard Guest

    I think I got limited (i'm 100+ gigs the 3 months I have had 256k surf.

    It was running like crap, and the line speed was way down to 128k - bounced the
    router and it came back up to 2.5 meg downstream and I was getting 256kbit again.

    No idea if it just got a bad connect or I was limited

    richard, Oct 12, 2004