Telecom strike again

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dogg, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. Dogg

    Dogg Guest

    Dogg, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Dogg

    JedMeister Guest

    JedMeister, Aug 3, 2004

  3. Dogg

    Rider Guest

    Not surprising, the majority are teenagers .... nuff said.

    Rider, Aug 3, 2004
  4. The average user yes, the average JSgames realm user, nah.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 3, 2004
  5. Dogg

    Chris Guest

    That article is another example of the half-arsed market research Telecom
    promotes as being FACT..

    <rant>
    They have an expensive service aka the home 256 jetstream (256 bith ways)
    and a cheaper aka jetsurf and then turn round and say (in another herald
    article) that people like the Jetsurf account AND they don't upload as
    much as they down load. Give me proper broadband and I'll upload more,
    fool !

    I just can't believe how these stupid people get through the day in one
    piece.
    </rant>

    O, I feel so much better now :)

    Chris, Aug 3, 2004
  6. Dogg

    JedMeister Guest

    Exactly, so Telecom are just making excuses.

    JedMeister, Aug 3, 2004
  7. ummm ok then, if thats what you want to draw from what I wrote, sure,
    believe what you like.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 3, 2004
  8. Goodbye to free Linux distro downloads... :(

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 8, 2004
  9. They didn't say "stupid", they said "awkward". Like losing all your
    Internet connections (e.g. SSH sessions) when you disconnect and
    reconnect. And having all the machines on your LAN forced to switch to
    the JetStream Games realm when you only need one of them.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Aug 8, 2004
  10. Well, Telecom are responsible for making it that awkward in the first
    place. They only allow you to run one virtual circuit at a time over
    their ADSL connections. If you could keep up your normal virtual
    circuit for your ISP/Internet connection and add a second one to
    Jetstreamgames with routing for just that IP address, then everything
    would work well. But Telecom do not allow that.

    Stephen Worthington, Aug 9, 2004
  11. that would make it too easy... anyway, it's not easily possible with
    bitstream access anyway.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 9, 2004
  12. Dogg

    Matt Guest

    And the lightning fast Debian updates.

    All those people complaining about how difficult it is to use the
    Jetstream gaming realm aren't using it how I am using it.

    I've got a cron script that logs in, via telnet, to my router (just a
    cheapie Dynalink), switches to the JS realm, grabs all the updates,
    and switches back - all at 3 or 4 in the morning a couple of nights a
    week.

    Losing this feature will make me drop my Jetstream connection, and
    move to a wireless-only solution from Ihug. Stupid, stupid Telecom.

    Does anyone know an email address or person we should be complaining
    about this to?

    Cheers
    Matt

    Matt, Aug 12, 2004
  13. They gave ISPs wholesale, its what "we" wanted.
    sure, send to you@127.0.0.1

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 12, 2004