    It seems to be a new thing, as it was fine 3 or so weeks ago. Anyone else
    having this problem or know anything more?

    Gay

    brazen, Aug 10, 2006

  2. brazen

    EMB Guest

    Yep - Xtra have blocked port 25 on their network. It's been notified
    for quite a while. Depending on the mailserver you use it may have
    another port open that you can use for sending mail (one of the hosting
    places we use has 2525 open to get around this).

    EMB, Aug 11, 2006

  3. Common Practice is to use Authentiated SMTP on the Submission Port of an
    SMTP Server when port 25 is blocked..

    Thanks

    Craig Whitmore, Aug 11, 2006
  4. Simple, VPN to your office network, or as we do configure your exchange for OWA
    (Exchange Outlook Web Mail) both work but OWA is better.

    I suspect since these data cards/phones are not sold with an xtra email service
    that the Commerce Commission might find this limitation to be of interest.

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Aug 11, 2006
  5. brazen

    Juha Guest

    If you do:

    mailserver.some.domain:port-number

    in the E-mail Setup page, it should work, /but/ you may have to create a
    new mailbox instead of modifying the settings for your existing one.

    Flames > Pocket Outlook team at Microsoft.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/chats/transcripts/04sept02.mspx

    "Transcript: Mobile Devices, September 2, 2004
    Published: 2004-09-016

    Host: ChadWhitney (Microsoft)

    Q: Will Pocket Outlook ever support sending SMTP email over TCP port
    587, as outlined in RFC 2476?

    A: Good question, and one I unfortunately don't have a good answer to.
    This is something else I can pass on to our Messaging team for
    investigation. I'm keeping a list."

    Hope they've figured it out by now...

    Juha, Aug 11, 2006
  6. brazen