    misleading the public with its Go Large broadband promotion."

    http://www.stuff.co.nz/4383814a10.html

    Had to happen, I'm sure other ISP's are guilty of misleading people as well.

    Puddle, Jan 31, 2008

  2. Puddle

    geoff Guest

    Puddle wrote:
    > "Telecom and its subsidiary Xtra are to be prosecuted for allegedly
    > misleading the public with its Go Large broadband promotion."
    >

    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/4383814a10.html
    >
    > Had to happen, I'm sure other ISP's are guilty of misleading people
    > as well.

    They finally let slip a good value plan (like they all should be), and when
    they realised their mistake, have proceeded to fudge it.

    geoff

    geoff, Jan 31, 2008

  3. Puddle

    thingy Guest

    Puddle wrote:
    > "Telecom and its subsidiary Xtra are to be prosecuted for allegedly
    > misleading the public with its Go Large broadband promotion."
    >

    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/4383814a10.html
    >
    > Had to happen, I'm sure other ISP's are guilty of misleading people as
    > well.

    Ive been amazed it has taken this long....if you offer "unlimited" this
    is well yes Ok but if you "abuse it" its 10gig really....

    or...

    You may want to sign up for un-limited, but we only want to sign up
    people who will never use it like that....

    sshhh....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jan 31, 2008
  4. Puddle

    Guest

    On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:14:48 +1300, "geoff" <> wrote:

    >Puddle wrote:
    >> "Telecom and its subsidiary Xtra are to be prosecuted for allegedly
    >> misleading the public with its Go Large broadband promotion."
    >>

    >> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4383814a10.html
    >>
    >> Had to happen, I'm sure other ISP's are guilty of misleading people
    >> as well.

    >They finally let slip a good value plan (like they all should be), and when
    >they realised their mistake, have proceeded to fudge it.
    >
    >geoff

    And nothing will ever be done about, as is many cases before

    , Jan 31, 2008
  5. In article <>,
    did write:

    > And nothing will ever be done about, as is many cases before

    Allow me to introduce you to the Commerce Commission. See what's hanging
    from their belt? Yes, those are actual scalps of companies that have tried
    to pull a fast one on customers, and had to pay the price. Quite a lot of
    them, aren't there?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 1, 2008
  6. Puddle

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-01-31, Puddle <> wrote:
    > "Telecom and its subsidiary Xtra are to be prosecuted for allegedly
    > misleading the public with its Go Large broadband promotion."
    >

    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/4383814a10.html
    >
    > Had to happen, I'm sure other ISP's are guilty of misleading people as well.

    True, but did thay use Telecom as part of their service?

    Gordon, Feb 2, 2008
  7. Puddle

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-01-31, thingy <> wrote:
    > Puddle wrote:
    >> "Telecom and its subsidiary Xtra are to be prosecuted for allegedly
    >> misleading the public with its Go Large broadband promotion."
    >>

    >> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4383814a10.html
    >>
    >> Had to happen, I'm sure other ISP's are guilty of misleading people as
    >> well.

    > Ive been amazed it has taken this long....if you offer "unlimited" this
    > is well yes Ok but if you "abuse it" its 10gig really....

    It the legal side of things. It grinds on very slowly. The real point is
    does it hurt/damage/kill Telcom? I doubt it.

    Still, as I have read, and herad from a taxi driver, despite being kneed in
    the wallet by them they still stick with them.

    So anyone suprised WTF a woman stays with a man who beats her up?

    Gordon, Feb 2, 2008
  8. Puddle

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-02-01, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > did write:
    >
    >> And nothing will ever be done about, as is many cases before

    > Allow me to introduce you to the Commerce Commission. See what's hanging
    > from their belt? Yes, those are actual scalps of companies that have tried
    > to pull a fast one on customers, and had to pay the price. Quite a lot of
    > them, aren't there?

    Right, challange

    1) name the companies
    2) give the fine
    3) give those still in business
    4) those still in business, which one made a profit in the last year.

    Churn people, it is the way for real competition.

    Of course if one want butter, from cream them churning is also a good idea.

    Gordon, Feb 2, 2008