Technoholic case

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by Technoholic, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    I do not know what to call my case, really. Anyone help me out? lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click here for more pictures! :D
    Specss!!
    Window XP Home Edition
    ASUS P4P800SE
    Pentium 4 3.0E (3.6GHz) GHz
    Zalman CPU-7000B-Led
    500W Ultra X-Connect
    128MB XFX 6600GT (540MHz/1.21GHz)
    512MB (2x256MB) GeIL PC3200
    SoundBlaster Audigy 2
    Logitech X-620 6.1 @ 5.1 (because I do not know how to set up rear)
    DVD ROM
    CD RW
    40GB Seagate Barracuda
    40GB Maxtor
    80GB WesternDigital (External)
    4 Blue/Green UV Fans
    1 Pair UV Dual Cathodes
    I used to have blue dual cathodes in but I never used it so I took it out. And still have it. If someone would like to make an exchange, I'll be willing to do so.
    I also plan to upgrade some. But I have to buy some priorities. :S My DVD ROM is not working properly. It would not read the other CD when it reads the first CD I had in. Sometimes if I want to play game, I would have to force it to play. CDRW will be replaced as well because they're both old and from Dell machine. I need to buy Window XP Home Edition too, my CD is an old version. Yes, that sucks.
    I will upgrade my motherboard, RAM (to 1GB, same brand). I only will buy new motherboard only if I have enough money.
    I plan to change my case maybe in August when I have my money. Ultra Dragon Glossy MS Blue with inside painted orange. And change all my fans to UV orange fans. Any critism?
    Any comments and questions?
    [Edit] Oh yes, I also plan to add Zalman VF700 to the 6600GT so I can OC it a bit more. :D

    Technoholic, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i like "this" mod, a suggestion of names.
    Taking into acount the lights and stuff :D
    1. Blue Brain
    i only really did have one :|

    unholy, Jun 28, 2005

  3. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Maybe Blue Brain will definitely do.
    How bout finding me a nice UV decal of brain? :p

    Technoholic, Jun 28, 2005
  4. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hmmm....
    i don't do that stuff. i get metal and cut it to mount!!!!

    unholy, Jun 28, 2005
  5. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    The metal and cut it to mount?
    The metal, the tool. Cut it, cut my head? AND MOUNT IT? :shock:

    Technoholic, Jun 28, 2005
  6. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lol of course... what a great idea... let me get my dremel, ok wait... *neeeeeeeeeeeeee* oh theres your head off!
    nwo to make it halved on each side of the side panel :D...
    i knwo u should water cool ur system and have a piece of foam over the Heatsink! (water block)

    unholy, Jun 28, 2005
  7. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :p
    Are you saying for real I should watercool it? I thought about it but too afraid.

    Technoholic, Jun 28, 2005
  8. Technoholic

    Ciger

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2005
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    I suggest.. humm... :roll:
    "Cold Steel" or "Icy Wave" :wink:

    Ciger, Jun 28, 2005
  9. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well, I would call that if I had a watercooling kit. Very nice suggestion, well done with the idea. :)

    Technoholic, Jun 28, 2005
  10. Technoholic

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    0
    ..Looked like you had one already.. Maybe you should invest some money into one..

    stlava, Jun 28, 2005
  11. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    lol, it's just the X-Connect cables. I know it looks like watercooling but it's not. I love it when it's like that. :p
    But I already said this, I would like watercooling but I'm just afraid to use it.

    Technoholic, Jun 28, 2005
  12. Technoholic

    Bite-Me-2

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2005
    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    0
    Water cooling is super easy to use if you have the cash to buy it. I'm working on a water cooling setup, I might even get it done one of these days............;)

    Bite-Me-2, Jun 29, 2005
  13. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Not enough to convince me. :p

    Technoholic, Jun 29, 2005
  14. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Water cooling kit if u haven't water cooled before.
    I have one, and even though i am parnoid when it comes to ahve water in a computer.. i still did it :D
    I recomend one thats just for a CPU or GPU... not both u have a higher risk to run, try to get one that mounts into 2 drive bays.
    Just for a suggestion don't go thinking its the best, its not going to be but for the greater heat u get with a CPU the more heat taken out by the water cooler, and the more colder put in... its not going to go below ur room temp. it will sit above and its not real good for running forever (a 24/7 system)
    But apart from the Bad its all good, fun to have a Overclock :D
    So the pros and Cons
    Pros:
    > Keeps colder then air coolers.
    > Runs the heat outa the machine and not back into it.
    > Great for overclocking
    Cons:
    > Its water, any leaks and your screwed (not taht likely if u buy a kit (or one premade in a box, u connect the tubes)
    > Keeps the system only at room temp, and not really any colder.
    > Not great for running continusly (24/7)
    thats about it.
    Teh cooler i have reviewing, is probably a good one to try and get, its from titan the review should be up in a few days (or less)
    :D,

    unholy, Jun 29, 2005
  15. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Of course, I don't leave my computer on for 24/7. It's crazy if I did. :p
    I've determined to get OCZ Performance RAM 1GB (512x2) for 110 bucks. And I will get Zalman VF-100CU something for the video card.
    dam Window XP, don't need it until my computer crashes for sure.

    Technoholic, Jun 30, 2005
  16. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Whats that meant to mean??? WinXP will overload on the ram u will install?
    I reckon u should get just a good HeatSink :D(u have one :D) and Make a Grill for it :D(not the xoxide one :d)

    unholy, Jun 30, 2005
  17. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    LOL... I'd rather not to put my grill on it. Blocks airflow.
    And I meant... I do have Window XP installed on my current system. The CD I have is old version. I wanted to format my computer totally with all the new parts I had. Then CD won't work. >_< I was supposed to buy it before video card but I forgot. :S
    But then I thought, why do I need it when my computer is already working JUST FINE? Better not waste money on it unless I really need it.

    Technoholic, Jun 30, 2005
  18. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    tru, but u use a dremel and cut the fan grill finely and wala a brain!

    unholy, Jul 1, 2005
  19. Technoholic

    ww_crimson

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    60
    Likes Received:
    0
    Just name it something funny or cool (or themed) that happened / you thought of while building it. For example, my case is black with red lighting, I named it the volcano.

    ww_crimson, Jul 1, 2005
  20. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, I saw your set up. Pretty nice.
    Btw, I ordered, well..accidentally won it on ebay, loll.. Vantec Nexus fan controller. I paid for it today and Im sure I'll get it before Friday. And this Friday, I will order 1 gig RAM.

    Technoholic, Jul 9, 2005