  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    I flipped by a show on TV called, "UFO Files" or some such name. They had film of a triangular shaped "UFO." They intoned how it was never explainedby the air force. It was 4 lights, probably on a plane, defocused by a camera lens with a squarish diaphragm. I laughed out loud.

    RichA, Jun 8, 2014

  2. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : I flipped by a show on TV called, "UFO Files" or some such name.
    : They had film of a triangular shaped "UFO." They intoned how it
    : was never explained by the air force. It was 4 lights, probably
    : on a plane, defocused by a camera lens with a squarish diaphragm.
    : I laughed out loud.

    Well, remember that the "U" just stands for "Unidentified". Anything will
    remain unidentified to someone without the wit to figure out what it is.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 9, 2014

  3. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    And most "UFO" photos are "unidentified" because the quality is so poor
    that it could be the analyst's own mother and he wouldn't be able to
    identify the content.

    J. Clarke, Jun 9, 2014
  4. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    But not as fun as a program called Ancient Aliens.
    On this program they forget the facts that aliens probbly wouldn't need landing strips made for them by early humans, because if they could take off from their own world chances are they'd be able to land too. Would aliens really travel to earth and forget they couldn't land.
    And of course they'd help the egyptians build pyramids I mean what else whould they come to earth for.

    Whisky-dave, Jun 9, 2014
  5. RichA

    Mayayana Guest

    I flipped by a show on TV called, "UFO Files" or some such name. They had
    film of a triangular shaped "UFO." They intoned how it was never explained
    by the air force. It was 4 lights, probably on a plane, defocused by a
    camera lens with a squarish diaphragm. I laughed out loud.
    So the alien disguise worked. :)

    Mayayana, Jun 9, 2014
  6. RichA

    android Guest

    Sometimes they're hiding in plain sight you know...

    android, Jun 9, 2014
  7. RichA

    nospam Guest

    Sometimes they're hiding in plain sight you know...[/QUOTE]

    there's an insane lunatic on dpreview that insists that aliens are here
    on earth right now and live among us.

    he claims he has extensive proof and has even met them, but it's all
    kept secret to avoid mass hysteria.

    supposedly they have been visiting earth for hundreds of thousands of
    years and even built the pyramids because humans couldn't do it
    themselves.

    you can't make this stuff up.

    nospam, Jun 9, 2014
  8. RichA

    android Guest

    there's an insane lunatic on dpreview that insists that aliens are here
    on earth right now and live among us.[/QUOTE]

    Oki... I'm not allowed to deny nor confirm...
    I was there but I couldn't spot them...
    Hezikel is not problem for you then...

    android, Jun 9, 2014
  9. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    How do you explain the lack of carbon traces inside the pyramids?

    PeterN, Jun 9, 2014
  10. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Jun 10, 2014
  11. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Who went crazy?

    PeterN, Jun 10, 2014
  12. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Indeed it does. We can only guess at the past. Little of "history" is
    100% accurate.

    PeterN, Jun 10, 2014
  13. RichA

    nospam Guest

    Oki... I'm not allowed to deny nor confirm...
    I was there but I couldn't spot them...
    Hezikel is not problem for you then...[/QUOTE]

    oh, it gets better. this person rambles about many other things than
    just aliens.

    for instance, he insists that ordinary water can cure disease and can
    also power cars and trucks (yes, the same substance can do both), but a
    huge conspiracy driven by the medical industry and the oil industry
    blocks it since they'd both be out of business if that information got
    out.

    he also claims that prehistoric civilization had high tech devices such
    as radio and tv, but they were much better about not generating waste,
    which is why none of their devices have been found.

    nospam, Jun 10, 2014
  14. RichA

    Tony Cooper Guest

    oh, it gets better. this person rambles about many other things than
    just aliens.

    for instance, he insists that ordinary water can cure disease[/QUOTE]

    Ordinary water can cure many ailments...provided you take a pill with
    it.

    Tony Cooper, Jun 10, 2014
  15. RichA

    nospam Guest

    water is not what matters. the pill is.

    he is against modern medicine and claims it kills people.

    he claims homeopathic cures (which is nothing more than ordinary water)
    can cure anything.

    nospam, Jun 10, 2014
  16. RichA

    Martin Brown Guest

    there's an insane lunatic on dpreview that insists that aliens are here
    on earth right now and live among us.[/QUOTE]

    There is a lot of it about :(
    Erich Von Daniken already did with a best seller "Chariots of the Gods".

    The sort of loons that believe this rot also insist that NASA did not go
    to the moon. Are they in for a shock when the Chinese go there and bring
    back one of the abandonned Hasselblad cameras as a souvenir.

    UFOs are much rarer now than they were at the height of the paranoid
    Cold War era. Not least because orbital elements of known space objects
    is widely available with predictions of the strartlingly bright Iridium
    flares now very precise. And I bet most people have never seen one!

    Martin Brown, Jun 10, 2014
  17. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    It can also cure and prevent ailments without a pill. Think dehydration.

    PeterN, Jun 10, 2014
  18. RichA

    Mayayana Guest

    | Erich Von Daniken already did with a best seller "Chariots of the Gods".

    I came across a list of the "top 100 spiritual
    people" recently. It was rather surprising. The
    Dalai Lama was near the top, but so was Oprah
    Winfrey! And Erich von Daniken was somewhere
    in the middle of the list, even though, as far as
    I know, he hasn't published since the 70s.

    Mayayana, Jun 10, 2014
  19. RichA

    android Guest

    There you go...

    And Erich von Daniken was somewhere
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_Daniken#Books

    android, Jun 10, 2014
  20. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    For loons how about this.

    "Put into laymen's terms, the solar panels capture the sun's energy, but pull on the sun over time, forcing more energy to be released than the sun isactually producing," WIT claims in a scientific white paper published on Wednesday -

    http://nationalreport.net/solar-panels-drain-suns-energy-experts-say/

    Scientists at the Wyoming Institute of Technology, a privately-owned think tank located in Cheyenne, Wyoming, discovered that energy radiated from thesun isn't merely captured in solar panels, but that energy is directly physically drawn from the sun by those panels, in a process they refer to as "forced photovoltaic drainage." -

    WIT is adamant that there's no immediate danger, however. "Currently, solar panels are an energy niche, and do not pose a serious risk to the sun.

    I wonder if there's anyone on this group will argue that they are correct ;-)

    Whisky-dave, Jun 10, 2014