Technical Authors Needed for CCNA Articles

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by howtonetwork, Sep 14, 2007.

  1. howtonetwork

    howtonetwork Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I hope this is okay with the moderators. I am writing several
    whitepapers for Cisco labs and and study guides and working on IPv6
    stuff at the moment. I am going to need some help with other
    whitepapers as I simply don't have the time to do it all.

    Please read the below if you think you are up to the challenge of
    writing some CCNA level whitepapers for students to use to stdy for
    their exam:

    I am looking for CCNP or higher to submit articles to a brand new CCNA
    certification site at http://www.howtonetowork.net

    The current content is relevant to the current CCNA but it will expire
    shortly and only the new CCNA 640-802 will be available. I have
    written over 700 pages of CCNA content but am now busy markting the
    site so don't have much time to add all the necessary new content.

    If you feel you can contribute a white paper on any of the below
    please let me know. I will need background details of your experience,
    Cisco qualifications and see proof of your ability to express
    technical concepts in a way that pre-CCNA level students will be able
    to understand. If you are interested please submit a 2 page word doc
    with some sample content relevant to the subject you wish to write
    about to the e-mail below.

    The finished article will need to feature:

    1. An introduction to what the student will learn
    2. An explanation of the basics of the subject step by step
    3. Relevant jpegs of how it works (see www.howtonetwork.net)
    4. Output from router or switch if applicable as you configure it
    5. Summary of what the student has learned
    6. Hands on lab if applicable

    Here are the subjects I need white papers on:

    Cisco wireless networking including wirless security

    1. DHCP and DNS on routers (and how to configure)
    2. Network security basics inclucing vpn (and how to configure)
    3. Switch security
    4. RSTP,PVSTP,VTP and how to configure on switches/routers
    5. IPv6

    Please ensure you check the current Cisco CCNA learning requirements
    relevant to the above subject areas which is here:

    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le...s/640-802.html

    If you are allocated the project you will be given free membership to
    www.howtonetwork.net so you can see the style the current articles are
    written in and of course payment which will be discussed after you
    submit your sample.

    If you want to apply please send your details and the sample article

    Many thanks

    Paul Browning
    www.howtonetwork.net

    howtonetwork, Sep 14, 2007