Technet IO Tour

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by James, Sep 7, 2006.

  1. James

    James Guest

    James, Sep 7, 2006

  2. James

    kpg Guest

    As James once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    They just sit around all day and talk about Windows Mesa.

    kpg, Sep 7, 2006

  3. James

    Frisbee® Guest

    That's the new O/S for flat-table-tops, right?

    That's what I've heard, anyways.

    Frisbee®, Sep 7, 2006
  4. James

    kpg Guest

    As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    It's only available in the southwest.

    kpg, Sep 7, 2006
  5. James

    James Guest

    So for me, living in the north west, it would be pointless to attend? I
    just just stay home, and enjoy a day off with pay?

    James, Sep 7, 2006
  6. James

    kpg Guest

    As James once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    I like the way you think.

    Actually, if that girl in the ad is going to be there,
    it might be worth the trip.

    kp "bring extra cat5" g

    kpg, Sep 7, 2006
  7. James

    James Guest

    Is this handed out at the end of the day, or the start of the day?

    James, Sep 7, 2006
  8. James

    JaR Guest

    Naw, ya gotta stick around and get the cd with the meeting notes and the
    pen and pad with the logo on 'em. Otherwise your boss is gonna know you
    didn't attend.

    JaR, Sep 7, 2006
  9. James

    JaR Guest

    At the end, of course.

    If they gave the goodies out at the beginning, everybody'd just leave ;-)

    JaR, Sep 7, 2006
  10. James

    Guest Guest

    Hi James,

    As a community leader in Canada I have now hosted a booth at the last seven
    TechNet Tours in Canada and have attended five or six prior to that. I think
    the events are a great opportunity for IT Professionals in the community to
    learn about new products as well as learn new tricks on existing platforms.

    The lead on this upcoming tour is a very good friend of mine so on the one
    hand I might be a little biased, on the other hand have been privy to the
    content he is putting together for this tour in the development stage and can
    tell you that I am excited about this one.

    As an added bonus the TechNet Canada team tends to take the evening before
    the event to present a different if related topic at the local user group
    meeting, so if you aren`t a member of your UG you should make it a point of
    joining up.

    Let me know what city you are in and I will let you know how to get in touch
    with them!

    Best regards,

    Guest, Sep 8, 2006
  11. James

    Guest Guest

    Is it for Canada only or Global,

    Guest, Sep 8, 2006
  12. James

    Guest Guest

    Hey Othman,

    Sorry to say that it is Canada only. The TechNet Canada team goes above and
    beyond any other team from what I have heard - they do four to six of these
    tours per year, and frankly it puts the US team to shame.

    Of course here they have to worry about 5-10 cities and 27 user groups,
    whereas those numbers in the US would be next to impossible to manage.

    Guest, Sep 8, 2006
  13. James

    Guest Guest

    Is it possible to make it in London. Because I have been to some of the
    events and there were great.

    Guest, Sep 8, 2006
  14. James

    Guest Guest

    I do not think they have any plans to expand the tour further, but if you
    want to ask I can put you in touch with the right people at Microsoft Canada.

    Guest, Sep 8, 2006
  15. James

    Guest Guest

    Its OK, at this time I have alot of things going on, of this nature, so it
    would complicate things for me.

    Guest, Sep 8, 2006
  16. James

    JaR Guest

    Wrong continent.

    JaR, Sep 8, 2006
  17. James

    James Guest

    I'm in Edmonton

    James, Sep 8, 2006
  18. James

    Frisbee® Guest

    I'm terribly sorry about that.

    Frisbee®, Sep 8, 2006
  19. James

    Guest Guest

    I'm in Edmonton

    I am in Greenwich

    Guest, Sep 8, 2006
  20. James

    Frisbee® Guest

    So you're responsible for Greenwich Mean Time?

    Frisbee®, Sep 8, 2006