    there are some ready tips of what to avoid, any rules of thumb as to
    what does work in terms of how best to line up, how deep vs. width, etc.
    I did try Google to no avail.

    jpmcw, Mar 25, 2005

  2. jpmcw

    werdan Guest

    I have no idea about lacrosse but I've taken my fair share of basketball
    teams. The best advice I can give you is 'Fill the frame!' If you line the
    back row up so they fill to shot then add a smaller row (if required)
    squatting at the front with a couple of props (stick, ball, pennant etc). If
    there's too many the curve the ends of the rows in a little.

    Does the helmet cover much of their face? If so, take them off. Everyone
    will want to clearly see their faces.

    werdan, Mar 25, 2005

  3. I have taken a many pics of a sports teams to include lacrosse team. Most
    defiantly have the helmets off for the team shot. The face guards would hide
    the face to much. For team group shots it all depends on how many people are
    on the team. The best thing to do it have team line up tallest to shortest
    or shortest to tallest depending on what you like to do in controlling the
    team. Depending on the number decide if you can do 2 rows, 3 rows or 4 rows.
    It is best to have rows alternate in even or odd numbers so you can place
    the people in the "window". The "window" is the space between the heads of
    the people in row in front of them. Take the tallest(or shortest if starting
    first row) person and start the back row. Place people in height order on
    the far side then near side of them till you have row number you wish. Then
    continue with other rows till filled in. This will give team a symmetrical
    look and you want to make the formation rectangular in shape so it matches
    frame perspectives. Hope this helps some.

    EagleEyePhotography, Mar 25, 2005
  4. For the team shot, yes; I have done a couple. The kids like to wear the
    helmets on the individuals, and I have gotten some good shots that way,
    but am not convinced it's best. Today I think I may have time for both.
    Yes, both replies help "square up" my planning, and am looking for any
    advanced tips now. Thanks.

    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Mar 25, 2005
  5. jpmcw

    IRISH GENE Guest

    you got some good tips already .
    watch out for back ground noise also .
    i did my 1st little leauge team a few years back and was much happy
    with the results only to notice the top of the fence in the back
    ground was cuting (looking like) some of the boys heads off at there
    base .
    the parents didn't notice and liked the picture .

    my neighbor who has been shooting for years pointed it out to me ,i try
    to keep an eye out for back ground noise ever since, lesson learned .
    good luck
    gene

    IRISH GENE, Mar 25, 2005
  6. jpmcw

    JRYezierski Guest

    Do not fill your view finder up on the team photo.If you do and enlarge to
    8x10 the people on the sides will be cropped out.
    Give your self some "free" space on both sides with team photos,than when
    enlargments are done no one is cropped.
    Also if possible use bleachers,If a couple of players/coach are absent when
    photo is taken take them individually than paste them into the team photo. I
    have done that and no one could tell who was pasted into the team.
    Have fun. Take a lot of action lacross shots the fastest game on two feet
    and an all American at that.

    JRYezierski, Mar 25, 2005
  7. Have them hold helmets in their arms on the hip.

    Logan Spitznauer, Mar 25, 2005