    to buy another recorder for my computer that will recognize -RW disks?

    Hey I am a newby to this recording stuff?

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Randy, Jun 28, 2006

  2. Randy

    GMAN Guest

    You need to "finalize" the disk on the Set top DVD recorder. then your pc or
    other players will read it just like a store bought disk. Once you have copied
    over the stuff to your pc, you can then go back, stick the disk in the Settop
    DVD recorder and reformat the disk for other use.

    GMAN, Jun 28, 2006

  3. Randy

    Randy Guest

    Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,my pc will now recognize the data on the disk after
    finalizing it. I am trying to use 123copydvd to copy the home movie to
    another DVD-RW, but it will not let me. It says you must put in a
    writable DVD. If I just click ok it gives me the same message. I want
    to be able to give my relatives a copy so they can play it on their TV
    recorder.

    Is there something I need to do to the new DVD-RW disk?

    Randy, Jun 29, 2006
  4. I never use RW discs, but I think they need to be formatted before you can
    write to them even in a computer burner.

    If you are giving away the copies, you can use +R or -R discs; they're
    cheaper and no formatting needed.

    Kimba W. Lion, Jun 29, 2006