    Google ain't your friend.
    More privacy, no tracking.
    http://clusty.com/

    Tony Yarwood, Mar 29, 2009

  2. Tony  Yarwood

    fatsteve Guest

    Go to Tools> Options> Advanced> General> Config Editor>
    mail.biff.show_tray_icon> set to false

    fatsteve, Mar 29, 2009

  3. Tony  Yarwood

    Tony Yarwood Guest

    Great stuff...many thanks for your time and trouble.

    Best regards

    Tony

    Google ain't your friend.
    More privacy, no tracking.
    http://clusty.com/

    Tony Yarwood, Mar 29, 2009
  4. Tony  Yarwood

    fatsteve Guest

    No worries, only took a minute. Plus while looking for the answer to
    your query I found something I had been wanting which was
    mail.biff.alert.show_preview wanted to turn that off :)

    fatsteve, Mar 29, 2009
  5. Tony  Yarwood

    Tony Yarwood Guest

    Got me intrigued now :) what does mail.biff.alert.show_preview do?

    Best regards

    Tony

    Google ain't your friend.
    More privacy, no tracking.
    http://clusty.com/

    Tony Yarwood, Mar 29, 2009
  6. Tony  Yarwood

    fatsteve Guest

    When new mail comes in, and the alert pops up in the bottom corner of
    the screen it shows the sender, subject and first line of the email.
    Turning off preview stops it from showing the first line of the email
    and instead just name and subject comes up.

    fatsteve, Mar 29, 2009
  7. Tony  Yarwood

    Tony Yarwood Guest

    Many thanks, there's so much you can do with config editor, it's still
    a bit of a maze to me tho.

    Best regards

    Tony

    Tony Yarwood, Mar 29, 2009