    information and it works.

    I'd like to get rid of the hassle, though. Any ideas/suggestions?

    Chuck

    Gualtier Malde, Aug 27, 2007

  2. close the program, and delete the file *.msf from the Mail
    section of the TB profile.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 27, 2007

  3. Thank you, Mr. Potamus. I'll keep this for next time. btw: what does .msf mean?

    Chuck

    Gualtier Malde, Aug 31, 2007
  4. I don't know what it means, but those files are indexing
    files. They tell the program which way things are sorted,
    which messages have been tagged and flagged. Which messages
    are marked as priority, whats the size of the message, and
    many other things. They don't contain the messages
    themselves. When you delete the .msf files, then you have
    to reset all those settings. And if you deleted them from
    newsgroups, then you'll end up having to re-download all the
    messages again.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 31, 2007
  5. Gualtier Malde

    Doug G Guest

    Doug G, Aug 31, 2007
  6. Thanks. That's what I wanted: a means for deciding importance of one over the
    other. Losing all tags and labels would be a nuisance so I'll try harder to
    make things work, but this is a good "desperation tool".

    Gualtier Malde, Sep 1, 2007
  7. Gualtier Malde, Sep 1, 2007
  8. "try harder to make things work" -- Hey, the msf file can
    become corrupt at any time, and without notice. Deleting
    them is the only way to fix them.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 1, 2007