    Pretty annoying...

    thanks a lot
    look^

    look^, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Edit>>Preferences>>Navigator>>Helper Applications.

    If there is an association listed for pdf, click Edit. If not, you can
    click New Type, and add it.

    Might well work if you just delete the association, though make a note
    of exactly what it says, so you cna retor it if needed.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jul 27, 2004

  3. look^

    look^ Guest

    I am not sure I can find that... all I can find is Thunderbird ->
    Preferences -> Attachments (tab)\

    yeah, there is an association for PDF, and I want to keep it, just
    wanted to add some mor, for DOC, XLS, MP3 etc

    thanks again
    look^

    look^, Jul 27, 2004
  4. look^

    Moz Champion Guest

    You dont need to add them, Mozilla will add them as you come accross the
    file type and instruct it what to do.

    Moz Champion, Jul 28, 2004
  5. look^

    look^ Guest

    not really... when I open a mail with an attachment, ie. DOC document,
    this is exactly the message Thunderbird is giving me:

    You have chosen to open ...
    which is Word Document
    from mailbox://....

    What should Thunderbird do with this file?
    - open with
    - save to disk

    and the problem is I _do_not_ have Word application on the "open with"
    list.... actually, I do not have _anything_ on this list...

    greets
    look^

    PS. OS is bran new (brand new iBook, received from the store yesterday,
    so I doubt it is OS issue)

    look^, Jul 28, 2004