    should be an indication to the reasonable driver that something's
    wrong.
    But you keep right on find the exceptions.

    Bill Funk, Jul 31, 2005

  2. casioculture

    Bill Funk Guest

    I don't think so.
    It was designed so that a "guilty" plea couldn't be used in a later
    civil case, but it doesn't protect a defendant from future civil
    cases.
    IOW, if a defendant were to plead nolo contendere in a burgary case,
    he could still be found responsible for the losses in a civil case.

    Bill Funk, Jul 31, 2005

  3. casioculture

    Frank ess Guest

    Have a care with your attributions, Mr Funk. None of the earlier words
    on this page are mine.

    None.

    As evidence, I submit: I _know_ how to use the apostrophe (and
    ellipses ... ). You'll never see any sentence of mine looking like
    that one above your "I don't think so".
    http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

    Its original intent aside, what I have seen the "nolo" plea do is
    eliminate the _fact_ of a prior conviction on the same facts as
    evidence against a defendant in a subsequent civil action. That means,
    the way I understand it, that the facts must be proven in the civil
    case, which they would not have to be, had the prior conviction been
    by plea of guilty.

    Frank ess, Jul 31, 2005
  4. casioculture

    johnboy Guest

    Hey, why don't you guys take it to email or get a room together. Noboy here
    cares for boze rants.

    johnboy, Aug 1, 2005
  5. casioculture

    johnboy Guest

    GET A ROOM! Take this off group. It's becoming embarrassing as y'all undress
    your stupidity in front of the world.

    johnboy, Aug 1, 2005
  6. Of course....That's what I meant. It allows the defendant to plead guilty
    without having that plea used against him in any subsequent civil action.
    But if he doesn't use the no contest plea, and fights the case, and is found
    not guilty, but is still found liable in civil court, that kind of makes the
    no contest plea useless, doesn't it?

    William Graham, Aug 1, 2005
  7. I never wrote any such thing.......

    William Graham, Aug 1, 2005
  8. As long as you speak in absolutes, I will be able to find the
    exceptions........

    William Graham, Aug 1, 2005
  9. casioculture

    Bill Funk Guest

    But he didn't use the no contest plea.
    If he doesn't *use* it, that doesn't make it useless.

    Bill Funk, Aug 1, 2005
  10. Then you are saying that a, "no contest" plea is less damaging than pleading
    "not guilty" and winning in criminal court? - This is illogical....(why am I
    not surprised)

    I am becoming very weary of this general altercation, so I am ending it
    now....You may continue with others, if you wish, but I am "outa here."

    William Graham, Aug 1, 2005
    Thank you, William. May the Force be with you.

    John McWilliams, Aug 1, 2005
  12. casioculture

    kashe Guest

    The word used in a prior paragraph was "evidence."
    The issue at hand is evidence in a criminal action, not a
    simple traffic accident, which may not rise even to a misdemeanor, and
    is only civil.

    No more than you are sorry. If you can't use the correct words
    in a technical discussion, you don't belong in the discussion.

    kashe, Aug 9, 2005
  13. casioculture

    kashe Guest

    Nor do I care for pompous-ass, self-appoined arbiters of
    what's right for everyone else.

    kashe, Aug 9, 2005