    Watch them sniffing your hard drives.

    It's Janet 'The Snoop' Wilson's fetish time again.
    I wish I got paid for the kinky shit I like to do.

    paulsy, Sep 21, 2003

  2. paulsy

    back again Guest

    What time and channel (having to ask probably tells you how much I watch TV
    :)

    Cheers,
    Mark

    back again, Sep 21, 2003

  3. paulsy

    Wyn Guest

    TV3 7p.m. Who knows, might see someone you recognise. :)

    Wyn, Sep 21, 2003
  4. paulsy

    paulsy Guest

    TV3 7.00pm 21st Sept 2003

    They must be running out of people/services to pick on as they've
    already snooped on victims in this trade in a previous program.

    paulsy, Sep 21, 2003
  5. paulsy

    Eric Guest

    When are the wankers going to go to Wendys and ask for a burger with no
    dressing and see them wank with their reply behind the counter. "would you
    like it in a ####### bun?"

    : Watch them mastrubating over your motherboards.
    : Watch them sniffing your hard drives.
    :

    Eric, Sep 21, 2003
  6. paulsy

    Gordon Guest

    I take you do not assume that everything you read here is the truth and
    nothing but the truth. Good, one less thing I need worry about.

    Gordon, Sep 21, 2003
  7. paulsy

    Tilly Guest

    What kinky shit?

    Tilly

    Tilly, Sep 21, 2003
  8. paulsy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Do I sense a romance blossoming?

    ~misfit~, Sep 21, 2003
  9. paulsy

    Tilly Guest

    LOL.

    No.....Paulsy prefers male rear ends.

    Tilly

    Tilly, Sep 21, 2003
  10. Did you have to mention that word.

    The next door neighbour's sewerage pipe broke last night and we ended
    up with a large amount of their shit in our driveway...literally. Yuk!

    --
    Karen Hayward-King

    "I try to be as philosophical as the old lady
    who said that the best thing about the future
    is that it only comes one day at a time."

    Dean Acheson

    Karen Hayward-King, Sep 21, 2003
  11. paulsy

    Mainlander Guest

    What a load of crap. How often do you hear of a machine with a stuck
    reset button? and then you have the silly woman going about how strange
    it is that they want to take the computer back to the workshop to have a
    closer look at it.

    Mainlander, Sep 21, 2003
  12. paulsy

    Invisible Guest

    At the end Janet recommends taking it into a friggen shop anyway! So why not let
    the guy take it away?

    Invisible, Sep 21, 2003
  13. paulsy

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    How often it happens is irrelevant Patrick, it's still at the basic
    level of PC fault-finding & any tech should be able to diagnose a
    shorted reset in about 20-30 minutes.... ten minutes to get the PC
    booting & the rest isolating which component caused the failure.

    I didn't watch Target, what were the exact 'faults' they set up & what
    were the results?

    Gavin

    Gavin Tunney, Sep 21, 2003
  14. paulsy

    Robyn Nunn Guest

    PC1 was around8 years old running Windows 95. It had a problem with
    the reset switch (they showed it unplugged in one shot but I don't
    know if that's the fault they did).

    No one found the fault. One guy didn't even open the box and said it
    was the video card and waved a screwdriver around saying it was a
    multimeter which detected the fault.

    PC2 was 4 years old running Windows 98. Had a faulty network card and
    virus installed. One fixed the problem (maybe two).

    Robyn Nunn, Sep 21, 2003
  15. paulsy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I missed it too dammit!

    ~misfit~, Sep 21, 2003
  16. That's what I thought too. They create an extremely obscure fault with
    symptoms that are more likely to be a dead PSU, dead motherboard, etc etc, and
    then complain when the service guy tells them that it'll cost them more to
    find the fault than to get a new MB (or whatever), which is an accurate
    diagnosis. I've seen quite a few dead PCs, with the order of problems being
    failed PSU, add-on hardware problem (RAM, video card, etc causing it to fail
    to power on), and finally dead MB, if it's not something pretty obvious then
    you have to decide how much money you want to spend going through all the
    possible problems when you could get a new, faster, better, etc MB for the
    same amount of money.

    Target pissed me off some time ago when they did a hatchet job on plumbers, I
    haven't watched it since. Of course they'll never look at the groups that
    probably need more of their attention than any other, lawyers and accountants
    ("Just what is this $280 charge 'disbursements' anyway? And why does
    'copying' cost $180 when I can do it at the corner shop for $5?").

    Peter.

    Peter Gutmann, Sep 21, 2003
  17. paulsy

    cowboyz Guest

    Agreed. If it was me I would have taken one look at it and suggest an
    upgrade. Some things are just not worth spending time on.
    The second test was a little more entertaining. Especially the one guy who
    couldn't figure out how to open the case and then blatted off a shitload of
    crap to get out of doing any more. Not sure what sticking a multimeter
    into the VGA port on the video card is going to tell you, especially if your
    multimeter happens to be a screwdriver.

    I did like the 2nd guys response to the letter.

    I near never watch it for that reason too. I was interested in tonights
    one though and as usual, I was disappointed. I would like to know who
    their 'expert' is.

    cowboyz, Sep 21, 2003
  18. paulsy

    lost Guest

    Agreed. I could say with certainly that I would not have found a faulty
    I would like to add that 486 era computers had unbelievably elaborate systems
    for plugging in the reset / power / lock / turbo things, with dozens of jumpers
    and so on... even if you did manage to figure out that the lead had fallen out,
    it'd take you forever and an age to find the correct thingies to plug it in to.

    Even the most knowledgeable technician will be completely lost with a 486 unless
    they have worked with computers of that time extensively before.

    I suspect Target were confusing the power button with the reset button anyway.

    lost, Sep 21, 2003
  19. paulsy

    back again Guest

    Missed it unfortunately - might have been interesting, but I got invited to
    tea :)

    back again, Sep 21, 2003
  20. paulsy

    joe_90 Guest

    He also appeared to get quite frustrated when unable to remove the lid,
    and shook the case violently.
    Agreed. I would like to know exactly how they rigged the reset switch.
    In my opinion it is highly unlikely for a momentary push to make switch
    to go permanently short circuit (internally).

    joe_90, Sep 21, 2003