    on a Nikon D50....I can get this for £99 in the UK

    Would be well pleased to hear from somebody who uses this
    combination...........

    MJG, Aug 5, 2005

  2. MJG

    wavelength Guest

    At 1.5x crop, this would "perform" like a 105-450mm.

    Also, without this being the XR - DI format from Tamron, you lose the
    double coating on the lens that decreases lens flare and high-contrast
    purple fringe. Also, the lens does not communicate with the camera
    dulling some of the TTL metering for flash functions. This helps the
    flash know how far out you are focusing. How much this is needed is a
    subjective question i guess when you're at 105-400mm range.

    wavelength, Aug 5, 2005