    tbm Guest

    hi group,
    anyone got/had any experience with this lens? good or bad? rgds to all from tbm...

    tbm, Apr 10, 2005

  2. tbm

    Pete D Guest

    For use with which camera? I was also looking at this lens but the one thing
    that I worry about is the very large range, you would expect that it will be
    a little soft over some of the range possibly at the extremes. That said the
    price should indicate that it will be good value for money and from what I
    have read it would appear that it is quite good most of the time.
    Considering you can buy them at a reasonable price I would say go for it.The
    28mm is not that compelling for a D-SLR and a 70-300mm may be a slightly
    better choice in the same range.

    Cheers.
    ..

    Pete D, Apr 10, 2005

  3. tbm

    Tom Scales Guest

    I'm confused. I own the nikkor 70-300 and 28-200. The latter gets 10 times
    the use, since 28 IS very useful and 70 starts at "105" on my digital
    bodies.

    I don't understand your point.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Apr 11, 2005
  4. tbm

    Pete D Guest

    If you have a "kit" lens then you will have an 18-70mm (18-50mm for some
    cameras) I think it is, therefore the 28mm will not be as useful. Pity you
    only go down to 28mm, on the D70 it is only about 45 or so, not very wide at
    all.

    Pete D, Apr 11, 2005