    Secure (SSL): 0
    Code: 800ccc0f

    Any help would be great.

    TGS, Jul 26, 2006

  2. TGS

    Whiskers Guest

    That was probably "... TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly ..."
    Have you tried again? The internet is not 100% reliable; connections do
    get 'broken' for all sorts of reasons - and servers can 'go down' too.

    If the list of groups started to arrive, then the settings are probably OK
    - if the list never started to arrive at all, then the settings may be
    wrong, so check them again before trying again.

    If you still can't get your newsgroups set up, then you'll have to contact
    TalkTalk.

    Whiskers, Jul 26, 2006

  3. TGS

    Frosty Guest

    Talk talk?

    The Music Machine.

    What do I win?

    Frosty

    Frosty, Jul 27, 2006
  4. TGS

    TGS Guest

    Tnks for the reply.. I have tried on several attemps with no luck the
    server is fine as I have no proble ftping to the server, Must be the
    settings but as your aware you only have to place news.talktalk.net

    TGS, Jul 27, 2006
  5. TGS

    TGS Guest

    Tnks for the reply.. I have tried on several attemps with no luck the
    server is fine as I have no problem ftping to the server, Must be the
    settings but as your aware you only have to place news.talktalk.net

    TGS, Jul 27, 2006
  6. TGS

    Mike Easter Guest

    Maybe FTP is good for you, but port 119 is ng from my IP. Likewise ftp
    21 & telnet 23.

    Initiating server query ...
    Looking up IP address for domain: news.talktalk.net
    The IP address for the domain is: 62.24.224.34
    Connecting to the server on remote port: 119
    The port is closed, so our connection attempt was refused.
    Query complete.

    There is a port 80 webserver there that answers me.

    Mike Easter, Jul 27, 2006
  7. TGS

    TGS Guest

    Thanks Mike I just been activated to TalkTalk I was with BT for the
    last 10 years. I just set up my 5 emails and was getting problems I
    had set it up ok, so I called there tech as its free for the 1st 14
    days they tell me that there having problems with the server maybe 2 -
    24 hrs before it gets going.. Not that botherd about the email as yet.
    I then asked about the Newsgroups and he did not know what I was on
    about he asked his colleage and no one had heard of newsgroups this
    being an Indian call centre oh well.

    TGS, Jul 27, 2006
  8. TGS

    Whiskers Guest

    I don't think trying to use ftp will tell you anything about the
    news-server. Even using telnet will only tell you whether or not you can
    connect to the news-server - I can't, as TalkTalk are not my ISP:

    ..-----
    | [[email protected] ~]$ telnet news.talktalk.net nntp
    | Trying 62.24.224.34...
    | telnet: connect to address 62.24.224.34: Connection refused
    | telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
    | [[email protected] ~]$
    '-----

    If, as your symptoms suggest, the news-server itself, or your ISP, is
    dropping the connection prematurely, then only the ISP can help you.

    Are you able to set up a connection with any other news-server, eg the one
    you can read about here <http://news.aioe.org/index.php>?

    Whiskers, Jul 27, 2006
  9. TGS

    TGS Guest

    I just think now talktalk dont support the news server as I cannot see
    anything on there web and hey if Ali at the call centre dont know who
    does :)
    I use at the moment the google groups.

    TGS, Jul 27, 2006