  1. Gaz

    mrlipring Guest

    unbelieveable. glad you still charged them the higher rate though.

    mrlipring, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Gaz

    fred Guest

    And you didn't call them for the second call out . . . . . . ;-)

    fred, Nov 4, 2003

  3. I suspected they might do that. Probably cost them more just in the
    cost of the time to send someone over (the cost of employing someone, in
    a company, is generally around 2-3 times their salary).
    I'd have charged them more, for wasting your time.

    And I'd also put them on a "pay up front for me to even look at it"
    basis.

    Chris C

    Chris Croughton, Nov 4, 2003
  4. Gaz

    Kenny Guest

    I quoted someone £70 to replace a flyback transformer in a TV. He said I
    was too expensive and took it to Curry's (UK). They quoted him £120 for
    exactly the same thing. He then had the cheek to bring it back and say I
    could fix it after all. Guess what I told him to do with his TV?

    Kenny, Nov 4, 2003
  5. Gaz

    Tim Auton Guest

    Leave it on the counter so you could earn £70?

    Tim

    Tim Auton, Nov 4, 2003
  6. Let you fix it for the same price as Curry's, thus pocketing an extra 50
    quid?

    Asking for a quote, with the intention of comparing it with others, is
    one thing. Saying that it's "too expensive" and then coming back is a
    cheek...

    Chris C

    Chris Croughton, Nov 4, 2003
  7. I don't know the exact conversion (about $2 Cdn. for one pound?), but
    it is within a reasonable range, depending on the screen size and
    original cost, also the age is a factor, and other possible problems
    with that particular model as well.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Nov 5, 2003