    any last minute advice? I have studied w/ Sybex and
    practice tested with SelfTestSoftware. Constistantly
    scoring in the 90% range.

    Paul, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Paul

    Gary - US Guest

    Advice would be ask for advice in a COMPTIA newsgroup instead of a MS one.
    MS has nothing to do with Security+ foo.

    --
    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    ** STUPID DOG !! **

    Gary - US, Sep 28, 2003

  3. MS accepts Comptia exams as electives for MCSA/MCSE, so why couldn't he ask
    for advice in this groups?

    Henrik Johansson, Sep 28, 2003
  4. Not quite accurate. Microsoft Press has a Server+ book, and you can do as I
    did and use the Server+ exam to obtain the MCSE/MCSA security designation.
    FYI, CompTIA has done a pretty good job on this exam. Not as hard at the
    CISSP, but not as product specific as Microsoft's 70-214 exam.

    I really didn't study for the Server+ exam, taking it shortly after the
    CISSP.

    Steve Linthicum, Sep 28, 2003
  5. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Exactly. I am taking this as an elective sub for MCSE
    and MCSA:Security. Don't care anything about ISA.

    Paul, Sep 28, 2003
  6. Paul

    Gary - US Guest

    And it accepts A+ and Net+ for electives for the MCSA. Does that mean those
    questions should be asked here? Hell no ass munch.

    Gary - US, Sep 28, 2003
  7. Paul

    Gary - US Guest

    No I am afraid it is quite accurate. Is this the MCSE newsgroup or COMPTIA?

    Gary - US, Sep 28, 2003
  8. Paul

    Gary - US Guest

    Well good for you bucko.

    Gary - US, Sep 28, 2003
  9. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Well Gary,

    I am sure you will be happy to know that I failed the
    test! So thanks for the helpful input. Jacka$$!!!!!

    Paul, Sep 28, 2003
  10. Paul

    Dolphus Guest

    don't listen to the jarhead.

    Dolphus, Sep 29, 2003
  11. Paul, don't get discouraged. One recommendation. Go to
    http://www.totalrecallpress.com and look for T-Cat's Security+ book. It is
    the best source out there and reasonably priced. And don't take the
    criticism from people who don't understand that one of the reasons you might
    be posting here is that you are seeking the advice of people like me who
    have gone down the Security certification path and hold Microsoft related
    security designations and other certifications like CISSP, Security+, etc.

    Regards,

    Steve

    Steve Linthicum, Sep 29, 2003
  12. And it's his fault that you couldn't pass the test? Somehow, I don't see
    this.

    Try actually learning something, instead of just trying to figure out how to
    pass the exam.

    Nathaniel Banks
    MCSA, CNA, A+, Network+, Security+

    Nathaniel Banks, Sep 29, 2003
  13. Paul

    Maestro Guest

    If I didn't know better, I'd think you're blaming Gary for
    your failing the exam??? I hope that I'm wrong since no
    one is responsible for whether you pass an exam or not
    except you!

    Maestro, Sep 29, 2003
  14. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Nope, I don't blame him for me failing the exam. I blame
    myself. I thought I was prepared and knew my stuff. He
    just got the brunt of my anger due to his other comments
    which implied I was stupid for asking for advice on a
    CompTia exam in a Microsoft newsgroup. Many folks have
    mentioned the Security+ exam in this forum as it is an
    option for MCSE electives. So, therefore I did not feel
    it inappropriate to ask.

    However, I am fully aware that I have only myself to blame
    for my score on the exams.

    Peace out!

    Paul, Sep 29, 2003
  15. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Nat,
    It is not Gary's fault that I failed the exam and I
    certainly realize this. He angered me by "flaming" me for
    asking about Comptia exams in a MS forum. Since Comptia
    is an elective option for some of the certs for MS, I felt
    it was totally appropriate. However, I was angry at the
    time I posted and do appologize to Gary for that.

    my stuff, but with the materials I used to study and the
    real world examples I had as well as Test Preps, some of
    the questions confused me as to which was the right answer
    Comptia wanted since in a given senario with only one
    correct answer, the answer choices given presented options
    that could also be correct choices.

    If I just wanted to figure out how to only pass the exam,
    I would have braindumped and I did not do that.

    Later,
    Paul

    Paul, Sep 29, 2003
  16. Paul

    Adam Guest

    Bloody hell Gary cheer up you misserable Bas***d

    Adam, Sep 29, 2003
  17. That's why Gary's an MCNGP. The "M" stands for "Mean."
    ob.nitpick: It's an elective option for MCSA, not MCSE.
    Takes a big man to apologize... Don't be surprised if Gary continues to
    flame you though. Sometimes his flames are his way of being nice.

    Good for you. Feels better failing honestly than getting a cert with a
    cheat, doesn't it?

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Sep 29, 2003
  18. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Paul, Sep 29, 2003
  19. Paul

    J R Guest

    He must'a got roughed up once too many in the Gyreens. Kind'a like the way
    you can always tell which guys got picked on in high school...

    J R, Sep 30, 2003
  20. ob.nitpick right back at you... From M$:

    a.. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
    To receive an elective credit toward the MCSE certification, candidates can
    earn the CompTIA Security+ credential.
    a.. MCSE: Security
    To receive a specialization credit toward the MCSE: Security certification,
    candidates can earn the CompTIA Security+ credential.

    So yes, it is an elective for MCSE.

    Peace.

    Nathaniel

    Nathaniel Banks, Sep 30, 2003