    be photographed.

    Don't go to the zoo, if you don't want to be photographed.
    --

    JPS, Oct 10, 2003

  2. chibitul

    Mxsmanic Guest

    No, I was just thinking of Lloyd Bochner when I wrote that.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 11, 2003

  3. chibitul

    Azzz1588 Guest

    Wow, Mr. drippy dick speaks up !!

    No go back to your hole ok ??

    Azzz1588, Oct 11, 2003
  4. (Azzz1588) wrote in m18.aol.com:
    He's soi-disant French. Bit of a joke there. Don't really want to call
    attention to it but don't want people to miss it either. :)

    Constantinople, Oct 11, 2003
  5. chibitul

    Ron Hunter Guest

    What would happen is that people would go to friends, neighbors, or
    shelters set up in schools for them. We are more prepared for this type
    of weather 'insult' than Europe was. I suspect the necessary changes
    will be made by next summer.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 11, 2003
  6. chibitul

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Annually? I was only talking about the months I displayed. It gets
    somewhat colder in the winter, but rarely below 32F.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 11, 2003
  7. chibitul

    Ron Hunter Guest

    One may be photographed in ANY public place, or place open to the
    public. Many such places have video cameras observing, and recording
    all the time. NO ONE has any reason to presume that his/her picture
    won't be taken when outside his/her own property.

    Can you imagine having to get permission from anyone by chance captured
    in the background of a casual picture? Ludicrous.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 11, 2003
  8. chibitul

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    I didn't mean to imply that you had no right to photograph people
    elsewhere in public. My point was that some places have official
    policies to simplify matters, as in, "you have no grounds for objecting
    to being photographed here".

    JPS, Oct 11, 2003
  9. chibitul

    Mxsmanic Guest

    True, but it's also possible to impose a publication release as a
    condition of admission. That is, the fine print of the ticket may say
    that you agree to the use of your image or likeness for certain
    purposes. It helps prevent you from trying to win a lawsuit if you
    happen to be in the frame of any commercial photography being done while
    you are there.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 11, 2003
  10. chibitul

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Yes.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 11, 2003
  11. chibitul

    Mxsmanic Guest

    No, they wouldn't. A lot of them would freeze to death. There aren't
    enough heated areas to hold everyone, nor can the city grind to a halt
    just to keep people warm. It would be a major disaster.
    I don't know where you mean, but hot climates are never prepared for
    this. No area is prepared for wild excursions in temperature--it's a
    practical impossibility.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 11, 2003
  12. chibitul

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Nonsense. Phoenix isn't THAT big. Keeping warm is MUCH easier than
    keeping cool.
    In Fort Worth, the 'normal' temperature excursion during a year is often
    100F. We ARE prepared. In 1980 we had temps near 120F. Only a very few
    died. In 1990 we had temps below 0F. No one died in Fort Worth, and
    only three or four homeless who refused shelters died. There aren't
    many places with larger temperature excursions, and all of them are also
    prepared. France wasn't, since it had not experienced those temps
    before. They will be in the future, I am sure.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 11, 2003
  13. chibitul

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Where would you find gear for sub-zero weather in Phoenix? And how
    would you find several million copies of it on two days' notice?

    Just breaking a pipeline practically throws Phoenix back into the dark
    ages.
    Not if they continue to ignore the fact that they need air conditioning,
    and not just milk and cookies.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 11, 2003
  14. chibitul

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Blankets are sold in Phoenix, the nights get quite cool. And FEMA could
    have trunkloads of them in less time than that. Meanwhile, people could
    find heated places, wear multiple layers of clothing, barricade
    themselves in the kitchen and boil water. It would be uncomfortable.
    Just how cold are we talking about?
    Air conditioning requires electric power, and I understand that is a bit
    expensive in Europe. That might be the main problem.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 11, 2003
  15. chibitul

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Yes, and we have shortages of nylons and chocolate, too.

    Actually, France has some of the most economical power in the world,
    thanks to nuclear plants, and it even exports it (ask Italy about that),
    since most other countries like to pretend they're very green, but they
    still aren't willing to do without the electricity (can you say
    Germany?).

    Mxsmanic, Oct 11, 2003
  16. Recording quality is generally so lousy that bad people aren't wearing masks
    any more.
    Mark_

    mark_digital©, Oct 11, 2003
  17. Everyone is not effected. Try not to exaggerate.
    mark_

    mark_digital©, Oct 11, 2003
  18. chibitul

    George Kerby Guest

    Only time you see those characters wearing their hat the right way so the
    bill covers their face from the overhead cameras at the convience store. If
    you see one coming in your store wearing a baseball cap the *right* way, get
    ready to be robbed!

    George Kerby, Oct 11, 2003
  19. chibitul

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Yeah, but that's not fatal, except shortage of chocolate maybe...
    Ask California what problems that brings in the end.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 12, 2003
  20. chibitul

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Now there's a new idea. A robbery detector. Hat's on right, RUN. Grin.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 12, 2003